VP Productivity 2.0: Emerging Moat Deep-Dive Template - Processors

Please find my deep dive document for KRBL.

KRBL_Deep Dive_Template_Amit Rupani_20April2020.docx (364.4 KB)

21 Likes

Hey I am a noob, sorry if I am asking the wrong question here, eventually I will get it right :slight_smile:

Do we create a separate thread for individual deep dives?

I have few things to discuss on them!

1 Like

To start a deep dive thread, the least pre-requisite is you have to do the deep dive yourself first, to the best of your abilities.

If you have done that certainly one can start a thread. But since you are new to the game a good idea would be to post your deep dive work here in this thread. Even a TopContributor like Amit Rupani has done that, as you can see. That’s so that others can have a look and help improve on the effort - that is (should be) the sole intent of every new post at VP - how can I improve on my effort - please show me the way - but show your sincere work first is the ore-requisite.

If you are only raising a few questions, those are better addressed in the individual stock thread. Hope this helps.

5 Likes

To answer your question regarding

Further work => Get on the ground feedback from SMEs on the product. If they are not using the product,
find out why they are not using it and what is the product lacking.

I posed at product manager and talked to the suppliers, they are happy with the IndiaMart UI as a whole, his only grievance was the quality of customers, that mostly people come to just enquire prices & few to spread their own agenda as in the typical anti indian, hindu-muslim agenda.

What is causing this problem and what the solution to me according is
1.) There is no block feature to prevent users from sending messages
2.) Prices are not mentioned as in Amazon-Flipkart, so mostly buyers have to connect to chat or call to get a quote

Solution
1.) WhatsApp type block feature in chat
2.) This is what worries me the most, as it discourages both buyers and suppliers & also adds an overload to the suppliers for they waste meaningful times connecting to window shoppers. This may be a main factor in causing supplier churn.

I am willing to do more ground research, I would be needing a list of compiled questions to ask the suppliers

2 Likes

Hi @Donald, I know I am bit late here but anyways better late than never. I don’t know how I missed this thread and some other threads where I would have loved to contribute. Anyways if it is still possible, please count me in and allow me to contribute and more importantly improve my knowledge in the process.

Just to give you a quick background, I am software Engineer with 10 years of experience, thus IT sector is my circle of competence. My investing journey is bit short though. My portfolio includes Info Edge, Dmart, PI industries, Asian Paints, Intense Technologies, SBI Life, ICICI Lombard, TCS…To name a few.

2 Likes

Hi Donald,

I’m looking to transcribe any of the upcoming deep dives. Do count me in.

1 Like

Hello sir,
Request you to count me in for the upcoming deep dives.
I guarantee my full commitment, caveat being that I’m very new to this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dear Donald and folks,
May I please be counted as a volunteer, for this process too? I’m not too new, not too old to researching companies and would love to contribute as much as I can. I am a data scientist by profession.
Thanks,
Kumar

1 Like

Ok, let me pick a company and deep dive into its guts, I’ll post one here soon. Thanks !

1 Like