Vivek Gautam Portfolio

Hi Vivek, relying on checklists is an interesting approach to protect against market crashes.

I thought using derivatives was more effective.

courtesy SHREENIDHI.
Fantastic q4fy22

Amazing growth momentum continues n keeps getting better every quarter

Rev 486cr vs 286cr

PBT 90cr vs 30cr Q3 PBT at 87cr

PAT at 65cr vs 4cr

EPS 5.8rs vs 0.4re FY22 EPS at 24rs vs 8rs!

:ok_hand:

6.8x trailing p/e

OCF 165cr vs 84cr up 2x

DISCL- Invested.

3 Likes

Commenting on the performance for the quarter, in a joint statement, Mr. Pushkar Khurana,
Chairman, and Mr. Puneet Khurana, Managing Director, said
“We are delighted to share that we have registered a record performance during the year, delivering a
robust top-line growth of 79% and a PAT growth of 195%. Our India business has delivered strong
growth of 69% driven by the expanding CNG ecosystem that is leading to secular demand. On the
margin front, we had witnessed volatility on a Q-o-Q basis during the year owing to an increase in overall
costs and changes in product mix. We anticipate our annual EBITDA margins to be in a healthy range
going forward.
With the supportive macro framework driven by the government’s continued focus on a larger gasfuelled economy, we have strengthened our leadership position in the Indian market. Our overseas
operations have also delivered a sustained turnaround led by a global shift towards gas adoption.
Looking at the demand from the high potential Egyptian and African Markets, we are happy to share
that EKC’s wholly-owned subsidiary EKC International FZE has formed a Joint Venture in Egypt to
establish a CNG cylinder production facility. With our UAE facility operating at healthy levels, we believe,
this facility should help us target the growing CNG opportunity due to the region’s major push towards
the consumption of cleaner energy.
We have expanded our annual production capacity to about a million cylinders this year on the back of
our brownfield expansion initiatives in India. The second phase of brownfield expansion is also on-track
to be commissioned by the second quarter of FY23, which should assist us to drive further growth this
year.
Over the past few years, we have notably strengthened our balance sheet as well as prudently deployed
capital for capacity expansions. This has enabled us to generate healthy free cash flows during the
year. Accordingly, in line with our dividend policy, the Board of Directors have recommended a dividend
of Re. 0.70 per share (i.e 35% on FV).
India has made a structural shift towards building a cleaner gas-based economy with a huge thrust on
developing the CNG infrastructure. In addition, the Indian government recently announced its National
Green Hydrogen Policy, with the goal of meeting climate targets and making India a Green Hydrogen
hub. This should accelerate the usage of gas across industries leading to a huge multi-decadal growth
opportunity for our industry. Given EKC’s leadership position in manufacturing high-pressure gas
cylinders in India, we believe, we are also well-poised to tap this opportunity in the coming years.”
Key Developments:
Announces Final Dividend of Re. 0.70 per share (i.e 35% on FV)
● For FY 2021-22, the Board of Directors recommended a Dividend of Re. 0.70 per share
● For details on dividend distribution policy, please refer to the Company’s website at EKCDividend Distribution Policy

4 Likes

A good article

5 Likes

Let me repost a bit dated but hopefully useful PPT of my investment journey for new readers of this forum like you containing relevant info on mine checklist n other learnings.

At times its good to revisit the checklist & refresh the learnings.

Investment Journey Learning & Thesis.pdf (834.7 KB)

11 Likes
1 Like

Vivek bhai,

Any view on Syrma Ipo? To me it looked interesting.

Regards

Nikhil

I too would really like insights on Syrma Ipo!

I’ve written a thread on syrma on twitter… I’ll share it if I’m allowed to do that here

yes plz. opp size n promoter quality seems decent for Symra.

plz do share on a new thread or even here if unable to do so for any reasond

Even dream folks ipo closing on 26 aug seems decent other then valn.

vies invited

24082022-DreamFolks-Services-IPO-icici direct.pdf (1.0 MB)

2 Likes

Syrma-limited-IPO-Note-ICICI-Direct.pdf (994.9 KB)

Syrma listing on friday. one shud dig more with a view to buy on listing pov

4 Likes

This is the thread I posted sir

3 Likes

Syrma up nearly 40% from IPO price.

Bt some in pre open n IPO.

Hope VPers benefitted thru timely alert

2 Likes

Another decent ipo of first gen entrp first mover advantage with moat n good opp size.

valns high due to covid ??

1 Like

General question, as a general retail investor, how to buy in a pre-Open session?

1 Like

Just place a bid between 9 AM & 9 44 AM which shud be higher then discovered price.

For eg I placed a bid at 270 & got shares at 260 today.

2 Likes

Hi sir, have written a thread on DreamFolks as well, kindly have a look

tomorrow is the listing of dream folks.

a good buy in 450/500 range

1 Like

The MD Says a PAT of 60 Crs for FY22-23. That would be 3.75x of FY22 PAT(16 crores) and EPS would be 3.11*3.75= 11.67.

Now PE on FY23 basis is around 35. Am i correct in assuming this?

1 Like