Vivek Gautam Portfolio

better.taking rest .dunno if visiting VP wud be counted in taking rest?LOL

17 Likes

In bull market yes it can be counted as rest :grin:.

3 Likes

I just saw your message on a whatsapp group and came here to check if there is any update related to your health is available. So so relieved and happy to see that you are doing fine and taking rest. May the strength, happiness and good health be with you.

5 Likes

tks. much better now. taking rest mostly

9 Likes

APPLIED in Clean science tech ipo . may buy more on listing . above video is a good one on this ipo

12 Likes

Hi Vivek

company looks to be strong from business perspective and also niche area, with high op margin, need to see how management walks the talk!

Utpal

1 Like

Another good ipo opportunity coming up

7 Likes

Tks Kiran for appreciating my investment journey.

Bought on listing day. Rationale

-One of the best returns ratios for listed chemical co in india, ROCE of 73%, 55% margins

• zero debt,

-Capex on Unit 3 commissioned Unit4 by fy 23-24,

• World leadership in all the chemicals it makes,

• Technocrat promoters from topnotch chemical instt UDCT

• Focus on green chemistry which is liked by all ESG funds & discharges water only at end exemplified by its name

• New products being launched

• Exports 40% of production to China which is unheard for any chemical co in India

• Focus on innovation & process chemistry skills like Laurus lab enabling it to to make molecules at a fraction of competition cost

15 Likes

listing was 80-100% higher than IPO valuation of 49pe. so, stock would be trading around 85-90 PE. are valuation not an concern inspite of high quality to delivery decent returns from entry point?

Some stocks will always remain expensive. Once stock moves into strong hands it can even go higher. Have a 3-5 year POV.

3 Likes

Hi @Vivek_6954,

Please excuse me for a stupid question. I am new to VP and I was trying to follow the discussions on this thread about your portfolio. But the threads from 6 years isn’t making it easy. Could you please help me how I can look at your most recent portfolio somehow easily or anyone’s portfolio for that matter.

1 Like

There are lot of Vpers who post their portfolio picks on respective thread & latest buys as well.

Keep visiting site more often . you will get to know automatically

Hi Vivek, how do you find Glenmark Life Sciences’ IPO? Will you be applying on listing as well?

Nothing special here. Glenmark past corp governance track record also not great.

3 Likes

It is not even 10 years, TCS is comfortably sitting at 3300 levels. That is easy 15x. We should never underestimate fundamentally good stocks!

2 Likes

Reduced Clean post margin falls post nos & still v high valns

3 Likes

completely agree with your thesis on never to underestimate quality stocks…however, the post you replied is of march 2014 when TC was around 1050…so its a little more than 3x in 7 years…you mentioned 15x…am i missing something? Thanks

You are missing Bonus issue 1:1 in 2018 and Rs 627 worth dividends since March 2014.So, price as on March 2014 was 525. Dividends received was more than the capital in 10 years and reinvesting of dividends would have fetched even better returns.

~6.3X returns plus ~1.2X as dividends. Fantastic returns IMHO.

Please correct me if wrong, Google & Moneycontrol chart shows prices considering bonuses and splits across timeline…so price shown is 1050 inclusive of bonus etc. and not 525…Thanks

2 Likes