Vivek Gautam Portfolio

i thought you sold affle

Booked part profit in Affle. Allocation now small but IRCTC among my biggest allocation.

Did anyone attend the IRCTC concall today at 5pm? Any takeaways

Here is a Prabhudas Lilladher report on IRCTC post results conference call

Next year expected EPS is Rs56.7

2 Likes

IRCTC 1849

AFFLE 2284

INDIAMART 2538

CREDIT ACCESS 980

HLE 900

ALL at new highs.2020 TURNING to be wonderful for IPOS n buying on listing , Patience pays

Hope VPers too benefited by timely call given to buy on listing and applying in IPOs n following this thread.

1 Like

On the similar lines, Will you be buying SBI Cards when it lists or apply for IPO?

In all probability yes depending upon IPO & listing price . Views invited on SBI Card IPO

1 Like

Hi Vivek, if already owning SBI shares help to qualify under any specific category that would increase the probability of getting SBI cards allotment? or there is no specific advantage.

Although the question is to Vivek. Here is my answer:

You can apply for share holders category of SBI cards IPO if you are holding even 1 share of SBI before the cut off. There will be seperate share holders quota and your chances will improve if you apply in share holder category.

1 Like

Is the cut-off date available yet?

It cud be date of filing RHP so try for off market transfer of even 1 share of Sbi. But itā€™s a propotionate allotment so no point in having 1 share of sbi in all demat ac unlike Ujjivan small bank.

Hello Vivek, details for SBI card IPO are now available. Do you think IPO price is attractive to apply for IPO? If yes, can you share your inputs re how to apply under HNI category and what should be the lot size to apply so to have the best chance of allotment? Can one apply from different Demat a/c? Many thanks in advance.

Hi guys n Vivek
I would like to invite you all to express your views on future sustainability of credit cards as a payment medium going forward.

With UPI being the biggest payment revolution in the world, with even fed reserve taking notice, for how long will cards remain important?

All the fintechs are (on payment side) building their business model on upi and with almost all POS machines at big n small merchant taking upi, i question sustainability of cards as a high cost (2% plus) for merchants.

The only missing piece for upi is lack of credit facility and for sure banks can easily take that up and provide the same to their customers.

Thus sbi cardā€™s 2 businesses cards n pos machines face a massive threat from upi goi g forward.

Having said above, itā€™s v much possible for sbi cards to perform well initially but for how long?

3 Likes

I havnt used SBi card, how does it compare to Chase card or MasterCard, who is its nearest competitor in India?

We canā€™t really compare US based cards with Indian ones yet. Our credit card market is just evolving whereas in US almost 90% of transactions happen through credit card and people are more aware. The closest competitor would be hdfc imo as they have decent cards and smartbuy platform which I see many of my colleagues are opting to use. I think this is one area where there is a long runway for growth provided its capitalized properly. The rewards/points are not that alluring for someone to get a new card so far. But this is changing. The one who offers better rewards /point structure will win.

I am holding SBI FBB card since couple of years now and its wonderful card if you buy from FBB.

I get flat 10% off on the even discounted priceā€¦ I mean, suppose if there is 30% off on certain clothing, generally you dont get 2nd discount on already discounted item, but in SBI FBB card you always get 10% off even on discounted products.

2nd their rewards points also good (I am comparing similar type cards) you get rewards points worth 500 for annual fees of 500, so cards comes virtually free and I have redeemed rewards points to get FBB voucher which you can use as cash in FBB.

SBI cards has many such tie ups and those are good cards for any middle class person and I have seen they are very aggressive for new cards, as they deploy their Agents (Mostly outsourced to team lease) in Big Bazaar and at Petrol pumps to sell their co-branded cardsā€¦

I feel they will be biggest cards provider in India in next 2 years or less and it will be ONLY listed cards company in India, so it will get first mover advantageā€¦ so I see it can also list 1000 plus on day 1 (Listing day) making its MCAP ~ 1 lacs Crores on Day 1 ā€¦

3 Likes

well played :+1:
its a bit hard for building conviction in a newly listed name.
Early bird gets rewarded.

Any new names getting listed which could evolve into another IRCTC?

SBI Card ipo ANOTHER WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY to apply

1 Like

Turned out to be a wonderful step.
But never expected such big earnings in such short time by useful practice of converting ones laggard into your top performing stock Irctc @ 700-850 rs.Both performance and allocation increases.

2 Likes

Chances to allotment are rather low, isnt it?