ValuePickr Bengaluru

Amazed , we don’t have one in Bengaluru.

Idea is for regular( monthly) meetup with constant learning and deeper research. I can arrange for location and other stuff to start with. If anyone is interested connect with me on whatsapp.[There is no need to mention your mobile numbers in this thread and become a target for spammers , just send a whatsapp message that would suffice]
Please update your preference here Meetup - Google Sheets , so that we can plan accordingly.

Lets follow these rules for everyone’s benefit,

Meetup group Rules.

1. No messages to be posted in this group which are not related to meetup. Kindly use forum.valuepickr.com for any thing you want to share other than meetup.
    Use the other whatsapp group for discussions/fwds etc which is not related to meetup. Contact Vaibhav if u like to be part of that group.
  2. NEVER Promote excessively (buy/sell) any stocks or personal businesses.( Kindly Keep in Mind SEBI guidelines)
  3. During meetup limit discussion to Valuation methods , stock research/analysis , no stock tips,trading tips please.

Satish

6 Likes

Tomorrow’s (11th Sep) meeting has been finalized.
Venue (Thanks to Shan for arranging the venue) -
Clubhouse of Brigade Paramount Apartments, Old Madras Road, Opp RMZ Infinity, Bangalore.

Timing - 9am to 1pm

Topics Covered - How to read Balancesheet and P&L statement, understand Cashflow.

Saurabh and Manoj have kindly agreed to present these topics. If anyone else is interested to contribute, please reach out to Saurabh and Manoj. I am sure they will welcome that.

Expenses - Clubhouse charges are Rs 1500/- Clubhouse and other miscellaneous expenses (if any) will be divided equally between all the members who come for meet. So far around 15 to 20 people have agreed to come for meet. So approximate expense will be Rs100/- each.

Satish P has kindly agreed to bring projector. In case there are any charges for that, it will be added to expenses.

1 Like

All details are here also for easy sharing https://jpst.it/Nd20

1 Like

Hi Satish, Missed this thread. I am also interested to be part of the group and future discussions (missed the meeting today - hope it happned). Will share with you my contact details. Would appreciate if you could add me to the group.

Also would help if you or someone who participated in the meeting today could share the notes.

Hi,

Can someone please share all the material that was used for presentation on 9/11 (specially the excel framework for initial filtering)? Though I attended the meeting last Sunday, I joined the whatspp only today.

Hi All,
Joined the whatsapp group today. Missed out on the recent meet :slight_frown:
Please share the details of what got discussed, any interesting ideas etc.

Thanks
Prasanna

Hi Anurag congratulations for valuepickr benglore meeting. We are eager to know what was discussed in meeting which will add value to many friends who had not attended meeting
Regards
Mukesh

It was good first meet. Since there were many new people, focus of the first meet was to understand basics - balancesheet, P&L & Cashflow statement. Thanks to Saurabh for sharing his knowledge. He has also shared excel / framework which gives data at a glance for a company.

Future meets have to be planned considering different levels of the members - some are at very advanced level and some are just starting.

Hi anurag, @a_anurag79
Can the excel sheet be shared here for the benefit of others?

Thx.

@suru27 - Can you please share the sheet

Hi Satish, please put up the google group we have created and we wish to join.

Thanks Satish for taking such an initiative. Please add me in the group. I will message you my contact and mail details.

Ravi

Attaching for benefit of others. This may not be an error proof sheet and hence please validate it individually. Many thanks to Donald, Dr. Vijay Malik for sharing templates in open forum which helped me to build a this(not yet done completely). So, please provide credit to contributions made while using this template in open forums.
Cupid Analysis5.xlsx (338.3 KB)

Please add me to WhatsApp group. Would love to meet fellow ValuePickr’s.

Hi Satish, Please add me in the WhatsApp group. I messaged you my number. Regards Nilabja

Hi, Bengaluru valuepickrs. Donald Francis , the owner and promoter of this website (whose service and contribution is so selfless and invaluable) I think is from Bangalore. we should try and get him to next meet, his intellectual richness and investing wisdom can make great impact for our learning. Lets plan meet sometimes during December this year. I can take initiative and start preparing agenda and making plan from now. Or anyone, feel free to do it, I can help in any way I can. Throw some dates around 2nd or 3rd week of December.

Thanks-Mahesh

1 Like

@satishwe
@theashworld
@a_anurag79
As folks having taken the initiative for organising ValuePickr Bangalore off-line meet-ups, we hope you have noticed the important communication on subject

1.Please confirm that you have taken the first step. Renaming the WhatsApp group to not use ValuePickr (words, logo,byline)
2.Please create a closed (invitation only) Google doc/Excel ASAP (if not already existing) and share that with folks here (after updating already existing user contact details) so this thread is not vulnerable to spammers. But new members can continue to join the initiative.

All members who have posted in this thread-
1.Please ensure your contact details are updated with above folks, and then self-edit your posts to say something about yourself, interest areas, professional or domain expertise and anything else you may want to add (ignore, if already done), but most importantly make sure you delete your contact details floating around for spammers.
2.Please comply with this house-keeping request latest by 1st Oct, 2016 and help us keep VP a clean uncluttered, value-additive space

It is in this groups interest that group members identities and profiles are well established to help increase your TRUST CIRCLES. Newer members have an incentive to reach out naturally to folks one resonates with, and create a self-reinforcing loop.

Seeking everyone’s co-operation. Non-complying member posts will get automatically deleted from 2nd October, 2016

1. Complied.“VP Bengaluru Meetup” is the group name.
  2. Complied .We have a closed group in excel , its already shared in the first post for benefit of group.
    So far its been a great group and a lovely first meetup going by the words of the all the members who could meetup.
1 Like

Missed the thread earlier, have a left a message…kindly add in group…
Mahendra

Hey Anand… we can catch up in Shantiniketan…lol

1 Like