Vaibhav Global ~ Vertically integrated value e-tailer of Jewellery and Lifestyle Products

Stock looks interesting as a mean reversion play.

My analyst is also visiting their plant on 12th Jan , will share notes

Disclaimer

1. We are not sebi regd
  2. Educational post only, not an investment advice
  3. Plz consult your financial advisor before making any investments
17 Likes

Can anyone please throw some light on how to comprehend the valuation of the company. I understand that the seasonality angle, the deleveraging part and the growth. I also had the opportunity to visit the plant and meet the management recently and found the management quite clear in where they aspire the company to be. I also have no doubt in their execution capabilities looking at their post GFC revival story. It’s just that I am not able to understand how to value a company with this current valuation. Assumption: With a topline growth of 25% growth and 12% ebitda margins. Would the company still be just to be valued at this valuation. Kindly share your thoughts.

some notes posted on twitter from plant visit:

https://x.com/abhishekcjain/status/1746581934707499344?s=20

Model the FY25 revenue + margin. Model the EBITDA. The PAT. The acquisitions.

Disc: Invested, biased, might sell out if i can find a better opportunity.

10 Likes

Margins mentioned are PAT margins or operation margins?

6 Likes

So Japan and UK are Into theoretical Recession, since Vaibhav Global Operates In UK on The Retail Side, and from my knowledge if economies Fall into recession Govt Increases Rate of Lending that leads To less money in Hands of People, Hence less spending By People, Specially on Fashion Items People cut more of their Spending , so can anyone guide me how much will this Impact Vaibhav Global. If not Then also, please explain Why you feel that vaibhav will be resilient to this??

1 Like

earlier management has said that due to such economic situation, people tend to move from brands to low cost value provider like Vaibhav.

3 Likes

As gold reaches top… I think vaibhav global products has huge potential even in India going forward as gold is touching all time high…

Please comment / correct if this is not correct assumption

4 Likes

It’s a really good approach. Gold price is going to go more high. But it will take 2-3 years more for Vaibhav global to get into India.

Vaibhav global is a jewelry business but it is unlike any other business. It has a fully vertical supply chain and produces and sources products and sells them in US,UK and Germany through digital media and TV. It follows the Zara model and has a strong focus on Gross margins being 60%+

Anyways

Let’s get to the thesis

Thesis

The management is really good and I remember them mentioning they take pride in meeting and succeeding their guidance every single time except post covid. The management has guided for 14-17% growth for the next FY25 with strong operating leverage I have assumed the higher side to see the best possible scenario, I would suggest taking the lower end too in a different model to know the full spectrum of possibilities. However, they acquired two new companies and are hopeful of getting 40-45 million(which is 17 million rn) If that happens, they can surely go past their guidance

EBITDA

EBITDA and sales are all there is to track here. EBITDA was 12% (ended up as 9.5% adding other incomes)

barring the losses of Germany. Germany is expected to break even H2FY25 and hence that drag will go away!
I have been conservative with the margins and only factored in 1.5% reduction of drag from Germany and no improvement in environment of UK and US and acquisition margins to stay the same(highly unlikely)
Management said 15-18% margins are possible in the long term so there is huge growth ahead!
Other income
Other incomes is 0.5% of revenue to factor a 1.5% increase in margins each year
Interest and depreciation shouldn’t move much except a new acquisition. But that should boost revenue as well!

Antithesis

• Fragile state of western economy, especially the UK has caused a lot of problems before and the business is prone to deleverage as well!

• Failure of expected break even of Germany will spoil the improvement of margin

Final thoughts

I think the business is really good and is quite unique. The ROCE is to improve which can increase the bandwidth of exit multiples
Moreover, the TAM of the business is really high as they haven’t penetrated much in their countries(for example US is 15 billion dollars and Vaibhav has 3% share)
And they are open to stating business in Japan and India after Germany is steady and profitable

A lot of consolidation
At support
Let’s see how it goes
I think earnings will catch up a bit for valuation comfort before prices go
But it’s anyone’s guess

5 Likes