Tips Industries Limited - Ready to RACE ahead!

Huge drop in YouTube views last month. Except Bhakti Channel, All other major channels are showing huge decline. Might probably reflect bad in next Quarter’s financials.

Edit: On second thoughts, it might be due to official channel was down for probably few days as being mentioned above, and will revert back to mean next month.

*Data sourced from Social Blade

Disc: Not Invested.

CMP 303. Todays Market cap at 130cr- No of paid up shares 43.23 lacs. Stock trading at 19 times March 22 earnings. Book Value @ 156- 2 times book.
Tips Films

5 Likes

Superb q2 results from Tips. Valuation comfort is also there.

4 Likes

Unpopular opinion: I find Tauranis, the promoters of Tips to be much more practical, open-minded and have very good understanding of music that helps them buy/create good music at good price. They don’t speak typically MBA type English but speak their heart out. They have clearly transperant accounting policy of writing off music expanses in p&l in same quarter.
The best thing I find about them is open to ideas even it is coming from small time investors and very high quality capital allocation, be it buybacks be it investing in music or dividends. So far they have delivered what they promised. No offence against saregama but the management and capital allocation strategy seems over-rated to me. Though Tips has 1/4th of library of saregama but tips has very high quality songs mostly from 90s and early 2000s and the audience base is much higher for those songs, plus they have video rights for most of their songs.

Disclaimer: invested and biased

19 Likes

Link to Earnings Call : https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/525e71ef-6a8a-482a-bfac-9b32e39fb5ef.pdf

2 Likes

Slowdown ahead for Saregama & Tips ?

As stated by the management in the concall, buyback is here.

1 Like

Hi Folks,

Can someone help me understand the cost of acquisition for Tips Films?

The suggestion form the co. is as following,

Tips Industries - 40.05%
Tips Films - 59.95%

“Accordingly, the cost of acquisition of equity shares allotted in TFL should be 59.95% of the total cost of acquisition of the equity shares held in TIL prior to the demerger.”

So, if I take Rs 1000 as cost of acquisition for 1 share of Tips Ind pre-demerger,

the cost of acquisition for 1 share of Tips Films should be Rs 400 and the cost of acquisition for 3 shares of Tips Ind should be Rs 600 and effectively Rs 200 for each share. Please help.

1 Like

If we take 1000 as cost of acquisition pre demerger, 40% of 1000 i.e 400 should be the cost for Tips Industries and (60% of 1000)*3 i.e 1800 should be the cost for Tips Films.
This is because 1 share of Tips Films was issued for 3 shares of Tips Industries.

4 Likes

This line suggests that 40.05% of the total cost should be allocated towards Tips Ind. So, Rs 400 for 3 shares of Tip Ind and effectively 133.33 for each share of Tips Ind. I am confused.

₹ 10000 invested for 100 shares in tips is divided into the following

10000 x 59.95 % = 5995 cost of acquisition of Tips films

Here if 1:3 shares are applied then you get 300 shares of tips films

For 300 share it works out as

5995/300 = 19.98 per share of tips films ltd

10000 x 40.05% = 4005 cost of acquisition of tips films ltd

So for existing 100 shares in portfolio

4005/100 = 40.05 per share of tips industries ltd

Hope this helps (sorry for lot of edits )

1 Like

You don’t get 300 shares of Tips Films, you get 100 Tips Films if you own 300 Tips Ind.

The principle to be used here is as follows:
Total cost of acquisition before demerger = Total cost of acquisition after demerger

Here is an example:

Pre demerger for Tips Industries 1200 shares bought for a unit prices of Rs 1,450 amounting to Rs 1,740,000 in total acquisition cost. Rs 1,740,000 has to be same before and after demerger.

Therefore, post demerger you should have the following:

1. Tips Music 1200 shares at Rs 580 (580 comes from your dmat account, which you should see against Tips Music), therefore it amount to Rs 695,532 in acquisition cost
  2. Delta in acquisition cost left for films = 1,740,000 - 695,532 = Rs 1,044,468
  3. Tips Films shares received qty 400
  4. Therefore the acquisition cost for Tips Films = Rs 1,044,468 / 400 = Rs 2,611

Hope this helps.

7 Likes

Tips buy back price at ₹2600 per share, seems to be too much high,

What is rational behind it? ? ?

Promoter group can tender all shares in Buyback, doesn’t that sound like an easy way to make money by promoter by submitted maximum they can tender.

1 Like

Promoters will have to participate otherwise their shareholding will move beyond maximum allowed 75%.

4 Likes

BREAKING NEWS: Tips Music have managed to crack a deal with JIO SAAVN…!!

The recent uploads on its Official YouTube channel mentions Jio Saavn where you can hear their songs. Also check out the JioSaavn website, songs from TIPS MUSIC Labels are available there now.

Press Release: https://www.afaqs.com/news/media/tips-music-signs-deal-with-music-streaming-platform-jiosaavn

We can expect a Healthy Earnings in the FY23 Q4 results.

Wynk, Hungama Music, Gaana are the domestic Music Streaming Services who still don’t feature TIPS MUSIC… BUT FOR HOW LONG??

My prediction: Wynk would be the next to ink a deal, since it is owned by Bharati Airtel.

“Gaana” is already Bleeding Money and don’t see much into “Hungama Music” either, so even if these Two Streaming Services go bust, Tips doesn’t have anything to lose.

4 Likes

Tips Industries Limited (Tips Music), has signed a global music publishing agreement with Sony Music Publishing (SMP), one of the world’s most prestigious music publishing companies, to administer and promote Tips Music’s wide array of songs in international markets. https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/8de009c4-8aa1-4394-b3ea-9c0eb83e05f3.pdf

5 Likes

cataloge comparison.
saregama : 142000 songs ,mcap 6333 cr.( considering 85% revenue contrib from songs) can value mcap as 5064 cr (per Song cost 3.55 L)
TIPS Inds : 30000 songs with mcap 2185 cr (per song cost : 7.28 L).
Though can’t divide equally all songs can learn Tips is acquiring at higher cost. Saregama adds 5000 songs a yr viz a viz 1000 songs by Tips. Tips with Higher acquisition cost and accumulating with lower number of songs with nearly P/E of 27 vs P/E of 33.

3 Likes