Tips Industries Limited - Ready to RACE ahead!

I also saw this huge difference in number of youtube subscribers for Saregama, Tips and other players. I was confused as to why Saregama with such a large catalog lags so behind tips in terms of Youtube subscribers and views as you have shown. The first reason that came to my mind is that Saregama is having a majority of catalogs that are very old. But if you see Saregama generated a revenue of 101 crores from music business whereas Tips did 27 crores. Having an old catalog can mean lesser revenue or viewership per catalog, but that can in no way mean lesser overall viewership.
So I was confused and I got an answer to this in Q2 concall.

So prior to 2001/2003 music video rights went to film producer/ negative rights owner and thats why Saregama has a lot of lyrical videos in their Youtube Channel.
Lets have a look at the age of Saregama’s Library

So only about 30% of the overall catalog has video rights in Youtube. So I would say the viewership that we see is for 30 % of catalog for Saregama whereas for Tips, Zee and T series, the majority of catalogs below to post 2000 periods.

The data for streaming in mediums other than Youtube ( being visual) should be totally different which is evident from revenue difference.

Disc: Invested in Saregama and Tips

13 Likes