In the past few months, the major transactions are summarized below:
Bought: Eldeco Housing, Bodal chemicals, NGL Finechem, Aimco pesticides, India pesticides, Vikram thermo, Faze three, Chavda Infra
Sold completely: Kanchi, Ambika cotton
In terms of mean reversion opportunities, a lot of chemical/agchem companies are attractively valued and I have been increasing my allocation in that space. At the portfolio level, this basket is now close to 20% weight.
In terms of sectors working right now (i.e. strong numbers + price action), the clear outlier is the shrimp sector (~10% weight in Avanti + Sharat). There are bits and pieces in diverse sectors which are working right now (e.g., Godfrey Phillips, Kaveri seeds, AGI Infra, Shri Jagdamba, etc.).
In terms of valuation mismatch relative to recent growth, I feel these are some companies where I have also been increasing weight: Faze three, Sharda Cropchem, Ultramarine pigments, Vinati Organics, Chavda infra.
I have been sharing regular updates since 2020, at this point the value of sharing detailed insights is not helpful for me. I haven’t got any meaningful critical feedback except silly comments and generic gyaan. I would rather spend my time working on more companies than answering frivolous questions on diversification.
This being said, here are the summary statistics until December 2024.
The portfolio is already down by ~8% YTD
. And by the looks of it, 2025 seem to be a tough year.
Dreamfolks’ main customers are banks who offer lounge services as a perk for their customers. Lounge operators have seen improved pricing power due to high demand for their offered services. I am not worried about pricing power of lounge operators, but Dreamfolks’ main customers are Indian banks and traditionally Indian banks have been able to squeeze their vendors well. For e.g. dreamfolks had to absorb price increase from lounge operators and couldn’t pass it to banks despite such high demand. Its a very asset light business model with largely working capital investments. All this being said, I haven’t built a position here.



