Technical updates

Thanks Hemant for your regular technical updates. It gives us so much of comfort in knowing we are on the right track!

Thanks Hemant for your regular technical updates. It gives us so much of comfort in knowing we are on the right track!

Granules is testing it’s 200 dma at 146 after disappointing results. A close below that and all bets are off. I would personally exit atleast 50% if that happens

Hemant Sir

Roto pumps is getting battered from many days.

It closed below its 50 dma.

Any indications, it will go down further ? Waiting to accumulate more

Regards

Mallikarjun

hi mallikarjun,

the stock is cooling off after a rapid rise from 61 to 149 levels. this is good for long term health of the stock. right now it is trading close the 100 dma placed at 130-131 which is also the previous significant peak in 2010. this should offer some support in the short term followed by the final support at 200 dma at 113-114 region. you can accumulate in staggered quantities from 130 down to 115 levels if you want to. keep a strict stoploss of 110(2% below 200 dma) on a closing basis. any close below that could hamper the long term trend of the stock.

SIR,

Since i have seen that u r very good at technicals,

request you to please analyze aurobindo pharma.It is oscillating between 180-192

in spite of many usfda approval in recent .any downtrend indicator,chart suggestions.

Thanks & regards,

Harshit

Hemant Sir

In a hurry had got into it @ 144 rs. Q3 results are yet to be announced.

After going through your and bala sir’s technical posts, immensely happy.

Will stick to Closing ema (30,90,150,365), till i learn more.

Roto’s Closing ema (365) is @ 109. Will exit it, if it breaches.

Again will ask you both, when to enter:-)

Regards

Mallikarjun

Hi Hemant,

Could you help me out with United Phosphorus Charts, My buy was at 121 around six months back, Most of the negatives seems to be accounted for, The latest quarter results have been good. The stock seems to be on the move.

i am looking to add from here,

Your views pls

thanks

hi hardtoget,

united phosphorus erased most of the gains of the 2009-10 uptrend over the last 2 years which is long term bearish. the stock is trying to bottom up in the 100-120 region. 50 dma has crossed the 100 dma which in turn has crossed the 200 dma and the price is consolidating above 50 ema. all this is technically positive for the stock. stock has very strong resistance at 170-175 levels which should restrict the intermediate term upsides. if you wan to buy for the long term, i would only add big size once the stock crossed this resistance comfortably. till then one should only nibble with small positions. strict stoploss on any long term investment should be 100.

hi harshit,

aurobindo pharma is correcting the stellar rise from 100 to 200+ within 6 months from july to dec 2012. it has been correcting sideways since then with correcting in time without giving up much of the price gains. this is long term bullish. stock should be bought between 170-185 region for a price target of 250 over the next 12 months. strict stoploss should be 5% lower than 200dma. currently this level is 134.

Thanks Hemant

That was fast

By the way i hold ATUL, CERA (buy at 227-planning to add more)- & Thangamayil ( buy at 214-then it moved too fast-looking to make an entry again).

Thus your updates gives the TA edge , that a lot of us have come to appreciate

rgds

Hitesh Bhai,

Would you look upon United Phosphorus as a turnaround story, with an ability to give a good return in a short to mid term ( regardless its in acommodity/regulated market).

thanks

Hi Hemant,

Thangamayil- is correcting from its highs, i am looking to make an entry, what are the charts saying & do you think its afavorableto enter now

rgds

ajanta-

Hi Hemant- In hindsight, your update on Ajanta was like seeing the future. I am sure this is not any kind of guess work but pure technical analysis at play, hence my eagerness to ask you what kind of analysis made to project those levels to accurately as you have been talking about 600+ levels on quite a few posts on this thread ?

1). If OEW theory, then would you please care to let tell us which Wave are we currently in(minor and major) V of 3?

2). What other metrics do you normally scan when you make such calls(RSI, Del%, MACD,DMA…???)

3). Using OEW, what levels could be watched for in terms of correction from peaks of 675?

Hi hemant,

What is next support level for Ajanta? Or in other words, at what price we should start buying Ajanta?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

hardtoget,

thangamayil is correcting its entire rise from 136 levels in jan-12 to 350 levels in nov-dec12. currently it is at 38.3% retracement levels at 268 and is trading below 100 dma. my entry strategy would be either 1.buy the stock when it corrects to 200 dmawhich is 235 right now and it also close to the 50% retracement levels at 243. so buy between 235-243. or 2. wait for the stock to settle down to give some time correction and let it start trading above 100 dma. the first strategy may help get you a better price but the second may one may help you avoid oppurtunity costs.

fundamentally, do remember that thangamayil runs a lot of gold inventory and suffers whenever gold price move down during the quarter and vice versa.

ravi,

to technique helps you see the future :). if it did, i would be a billionaire. technical analysis tools like OEW only help you increase your probability of success. you can still make mistakes but chances reduce with more and more experience. ajanta was a classic OEW pattern. the wave pattern tells us that we could have finished minor 1 of major 3 of primary 3 of cycle wave 3. this stock is technically in a very bullish zone and is a strong buy on dips candidate. this could give strong upside over the next 2-3 years. in this minor 2 correction, the stock may need some time correction over the next few weeks before it makes new highs. on correction i would look to add if the stock corrects to 550-560 zone. next uptrend once this correction is done should take it to 750 but this one could be a slow grind higher towards the targetunlike the recent upsurge we saw. usually major 3 waves like to kick off fast and then slowly grind higher to their ulitmate targets.

Thanks Hemant,

will look out for both the ideas on thangamayil

Kaveri seems to be correcting, it was a short term play for me.

do you see it changing course, or its time to get out

rgds

Hi Hemant,

After Amara’s rise from 235 odd to 326 odd, is 280-290 a good level to add again? Or do you see lower levels?

Hi Hemant,

Can you please tell how wim plast look on charts right now. Should one look to exit it…

Thanks,

Dinesh