Subhajit Das Portfolio

I am sharing my portfolio here for feedback from all boarders,Restructured my portfolio over the last few months…my current portfolio is looks like…

Cera-14%

Astral-11%

Gruh-10%

Kaveri-10%

Supreme-9%

Ajanta-6.5%

alembic-6.5%

Godrejcp-5%

GSKCons-5%

Accelya-5%

La opala-5%

Mayur-5%

Kajaria,Canfin,Wimplast,Suprajit-13%

i am keeping some stocks on the watchlist-Bhartiya International,Atul Auto,ARBL,Polymed,Unichem,Aarti Drugs,page,Dhanuka Agritech,Pi ind.Await for all Valuepickr boarders…

Good luck
may a concentrated portfolio yield decent respectable returns without additional risk.Also hope your discipline is able to endure the considerable volatility such a portfolio entails(lord knows mine occasionally gets to it’s breaking point ,which is why i prefer not to analyse my portfolio once every twelve months).

tc

The portfolio is good, except Suprajit Industries. You won’t go far with this one, although it looks like a value buy.

Avoid Bhartiya International too. Most stocks are discussed in detail at various treads on this blog. Nothing to add on fundamentals from my side. If you need help on Technicals, you can always seek my assistance.

Tony

Hi Subhajit,

Your portfolio looks good to me, It should beat sensex, and best performing MF in long run. Keep adding stocks when they move down without much reason.

I have no idea about suprajit/bharatiya international/dhanuka agritech.

Excellent stock selection. Most of the stocks are discussed in detail here at valuepickr.

Good portfolio which should provide consistent returns.

regards

hitesh.

Thanks for replying…

Thanks for replying…

Hello Tony,Sorry for late reply,why are you suggest me that won’t go far with this stock suprajit engineering?

regard,

Subhajit

To Hitesh Bhai,Subhas ji,Tony and hemant bhai

Is this right time to add more Accelya kale solution For Rupee depreciation and for Q1fy14?

Regards,

Subhajit

To Hitesh Bhai,Subhas ji,Tony and Hemant bhai,

Somewhere read that,Rupee depreciation is a big issue for Astral. More than 70% of raw material is import and negligible export to offset. It will hit bottom-line. It is an industry wide impact, I think given the strong demand scenario this cost will get pass on to buyer. There may be a lag of one quarter.

is it really bad for Astral?

Today loss booked in Canfin home at 140,Purchase price was 157…now thinking of add new stock aarti Drugs or polymed and add more Ajanta Pharma,alembic for rupee depreciation…

Hi Subhajit,

Have a look at Symphony Aircoolers too.

Cheers

Vinod

Sir,

Yes i think Symphony is a good term bet at current levels,i think Symphony is a attrctive bet for summer Quater/Q1FY14…what do you think?

regads,

Subhajit
Link: http://mmb.moneycontrol.com/india/messageboardblog/message_thread/17377002/19352707#m19352707

I guess Astral will suffer a major forex loss. It faced the same in Dec 2011. I was studying Astral then. I had even taken a position. Then the stock started drifting from 180 to 130 due to the forex overhang. I sold with a loss (I was not aware that such things are a temporary phenomenon)
Then I never looked at astral only to find it at 400 levels few months back.

If it corrects due to forex loss, it would be a great buying opportunity. (Such things are a temporary phenomenon and never affect the long-term prospects of the business. Weak hands sell during such phase and these can be used as buying opportunities)

Subhajit,

I think its a good bet for this summer and could be a medium term bet if the aircooler market expands as expected. Nice consumption story available at reasonable valuations. The TTM P/E will drop from 20 to 17 in 2 months if the price doesn’t go up :slight_smile:

Discl: Invested.

Cheers

Vinod

The portfolio is good, except Suprajit Industries. You won’t go far with this one, although it looks like a value buy.

Avoid Bhartiya International too. Most stocks are discussed in detail at various treads on this blog. Nothing to add on fundamentals from my side. If you need help on Technicals, you can always seek my assistance.

Tony

This stock was discussed in one of the threads. Thereafter it was removed from the portfolio of valuepickr. It has been a long time since i read it, so cannot recollect exactly. You have such a diversified, but good portfolio. I think you should add more to your existing when opportunities arise.

It is rightly said " Stocks are like children, one should have only so many as one can handle"

subhajit,

regarding accelya, I have no idea about it except that there is a huge dividend protection due to high payout.

about astral getting hit by rupee depreciation, I think they should be able to pass on the costs to customers. Earlier problem was of hedging and company getting hit with forex losses and that seems to have ended now.

Hi Hitesh,

I have a doubt, would most of these companies like Astral, Polymed be showing hedging loss in the next quarter, given the rupee movement ? I think they would have hedged in the range of 54-56/-, and this movement to 60 should call for showing hedging losses.

Portfolio Updates…again restructured my portfolio over the last two months…my current portfolio is looks like…

Kaveri Seed-14

Astral-13.5

Accelya-11

Cera-11

Ajanta-11

Alembic-9.5

Lupin-5

Aarti Drugs-5

Gruh-5

Repco-5

Laopala-5

Polymed-5

Want to exit Gruh,Now i want to add Pi Industries or Torrent pharma.Awaiting for all Valuepickr senior members and other valuepickr members feedback on my restructured portfolio…

Very good portfolio.I am positive on PI Ind.,pretty cheap at current valuations & seeing their nos.,they tend to remain pretty much the same throughout the year.So a 30%+ EPS growth is very likely.You can ask Mahesh,if you want more info(a lot is available already)
I also like Torrent Pharma,but I would suggest you refrain from adding another pharma stock(weightage already at 30%+),though its TOTALLY your decision.