StageInvesting +Elliot Waves

Elliot waves. And the charts which you regularly present. I have read Stan Weinstein’s whole book. But these charts are foreign to me.

You can study Elliot Waves. We combine Stage Analysis with EW.

Can you plz share any good resources regarding this? Or should I find any resources online?

Can you please share how ITC looking on EW chart?

ITC -474

In very short term ,it seems bit extended -might give a small pull-back. But that should not be much cause of a worry for someone who is a long term investor.

Overall it is upward trend and it in in 5th wave and as per equality principle of EW , it has a long way to go.

Daily Chart

Disclaimer : Views are personal. No buy/sell recommendations. The projection is based on our technical -probability study methods and chances of success/failure depend upon various factors.

4 Likes

@StageInvesting Can you please analyse Natco Pharma on MTF and DTF if time permits

Can you please share your analysis on Private sector banks especially HDFC bank as per EW wave ? Any signs on trend reversal?

We don’t share anything that does not show up in our scanners of focused-stocks.

Hi @StageInvesting !

Could you share some the charts for these ?

Cheers,
Rahul

Excellent and timely prescience on Justdial.

Results were excellent as well.

Co seems to have great reach n brand among SME sector allover India. Its moat seems to be network effect and brand. Takeover by RIL is leading to better cordination & cutting of costs in telecom and other costs asw ell

Just dial sitting on 3800 crore reserves . Co has assured good dividend or buyback which may further rerate this zero debt huge FCF company.

Discl- Invested after Stageinvesting headsup hence biased .

3 Likes

Budget - Known - Unknown

Action Plan -Our Practice

Budget is a known event but some outcomes of the same are unknown ( like elections ) .

It is easier to prepare yourself for these kind of events ( vs unknown-unknown events )

For examples , in this budget , we have following risks :

• % of Capital Expenditure to GDP ratio ( if it goes down , it is a risk for infra sector )

• ⁠Spending on Defence , railways , PLIs, Water

• ⁠Selling of shares of PSUs thus increased supply of shares ( govt may like to do that as valuations are tempting)

• Capital Gains tax ( increase in rate or tinkering with duration)

Actions one can think before budget -Our Practice before Known-Unknown Events

If you’re a long term & believe in India story , you don’t need to worry much - just wait for the budget to get over & see the Capital allocation to different sectors - you can decrease the allocation where you see the decreasing government focus.

Yes, you should be more worried about your recent purchases where either you’re in a loss or in small profit- you can book those before start of the budget . If budget comes favorable , you can buy them at 3 pm .

If it comes bad , you would have saved some money . Yes if budget comes good , you will get your sold-positions at higher price !

Well the point is that if you are expecting big gains in those stocks, you can buy them at 4-6% higher price also - and still you would make money . The extra money paid is just an insurance cost .

If Budget is really bad - can liquidate your positions partially asap - if you wanna panic , panic early

14 Likes

Evergreen Lessons

Market Tops are not made on the basis of bad news - Market Tops are made at the top of the peak of good news .

Bottoms are made on the peak of bad news ( eg Covid lockdown - after that market started recovering ).

Otherwise markets keep climbing up on the walls of the worries .

21 Likes

HI @StageInvesting

CAN you PLEASE share how pix transmission on EW CHART?

You can check:
MomentumStocks

Hi @StageInvesting , Can you please update regarding the chart of Oil Marketing Companies especially HPCL. Thank you

Stage Analysis - a brief summary -if someone wants to learn.

Learning Stage Analysis

13 Likes

Recently I checked some funds…Uti Nifty 200 momentum and some other funds…they have many stocks, whose charts are not good…they are in stage 3 or stage 4 also
Sometimes I think, if I do it direct stocks, I may do it better

3 Likes

GPIL

CMP:925

It seems to have completed some wave in its long journey and currently going through a correction.

Difficult to say whether the completed wave is minor wave I or it is larger wave 3. ( Our bias is towards minor wave I)

Currently it is at a critical level - bottom end of parralel channel support. If it breaks the channel , then we might see a deeper correction.

Daily Chart

Disclaimer : Views are personal. No buy/sell recommendations. The projection is based on our technical -probability study methods and chances of success/failure depend upon various factors.

5 Likes