JWL
KPIL
MOTILALOFS
NBCC
POWERINDIA
SCHNEIDER
SIGNATURE
SOBHA

P.S.:- I have fetched this week’s data from the Yahoo finance API.

2 Likes

Is there any issue with google sheet? and there some random changes in my google sheet.

how to get actual price of shares on google sheet? is there any other ways to get a real prices

1 Like

If you want real-time prices and more comprehensive data, consider using financial APIs like Alpha Vantage, IEX Cloud, or Yahoo Finance. These services often provide more detailed and up-to-date information, though they might require some technical setup and, in some cases, a subscription.

1 Like

@visuarchie How you address diversify the momentum strategy, among sectors? Any one reply.

@Sujata there is no need to diversify as in momentum strategy we get the stocks that are in momentum irrespective of the sectors as we are finding amongst smallcap 250.

It is quite possible that some sectors are not doing great but some stocks are doing fine with momentum strategy.

If some sector is in tailwind, we could get maximum stocks of that sector, then it cannot be called as diversified pf, I am finding solution for that. Any takes.

I am back now. Sheet seems to be stable now. Others can check and confirm.

@Sujata Very well said by @Anand_Jain. This is the advantage of momentum investing. If a sector or a stock is in favour, it will come in our radar immediately. As we are looking to rebalance every week, we are alert all the time and change our pf depending on what is moving. There can be nothing better than this.

1 Like

kindly share the weekly scrips update as usual, if possible.

Will do this weekend. I publish what I practice. This week I had not done anything as I was travelling.

2 Likes

Sir, will it be okay, if I choose top 10 from each mid, small and micro cap making basket of 30 of momentum pf.

1 Like

You can try one thing, pick 25-30 stocks from the Nifty 500 stocks which I did.

1 Like

@Sujata You can choose 10 from each. However, please remember that each one is different and hence it is not a basket of 30 momentum stocks, but 3 x 10 momentum stocks.

If your system can process 650 stocks (Midcap150, Smallcap 250 and Microcap250), then you can take Nifty 750 and remove Nifty 100 from that. Then take top 30 from that. This will be a proper 30 stock momentum pf.

2 Likes

@Anand_Jain It will not be the same. Nifty 500 includes top 500 stocks whereas @Sujata’s universe excludes top 100. She is looking at bottom 650 out of Nifty 750.

2 Likes

@visuarchie Sir,
Please find list for 18 June 2024

JAIBALAJI
COCHINSHIP
ANANDRATHI
HUDCO
MOTILALOFS
BLUESTARCO
JWL
SOBHA
POWERINDIA
SCHNEIDER
EXIDEIND
NBCC
SIGNATURE
CENTURYTEX
KPIL
AEGISLOG
APARINDS
GODFRYPHLP
SWSOLAR
EIHOTEL

A—>Z sorted

AEGISLOG
ANANDRATHI
APARINDS
BLUESTARCO
CENTURYTEX
COCHINSHIP
EIHOTEL
EXIDEIND
GODFRYPHLP
HUDCO
JAIBALAJI
JWL
KPIL
MOTILALOFS
NBCC
POWERINDIA
SCHNEIDER
SIGNATURE
SOBHA
SWSOLAR

Please check and verify

That is really fantastic, but in your absence, the pf of honored contributors of this thread were not matching, reason being data disturbance, please provide us alternate resources plan to execute the stuff.
You are like a mentor use to guide us through, many thanks for that.

1 Like

Update for entry on 18th June 2024

50 EMA (15590) > 200 EMA (14033); hence, we can continue without any change.

Based on ranking:

1. JAIBALAJI
  2. COCHINSHIP
  3. ANANDRATHI
  4. HUDCO
  5. JWL
  6. BLUESTARCO
  7. MOTILALOFS
  8. SOBHA
  9. POWERINDIA
  10. EXIDEIND
  11. SCHNEIDER
  12. NBCC
  13. SIGNATURE
  14. CENTURYTEX
  15. AEGISLOG
  16. KPIL
  17. APARINDS
  18. GODFRYPHLP
  19. SWSOLAR
  20. EIHOTEL

Based on A → Z for easy tracking:

• AEGISLOG*
  • ANANDRATHI
  • APARINDS*
  • BLUESTARCO
  • CENTURYTEX*
  • COCHINSHIP
  • EIHOTEL
  • EXIDEIND
  • GODFRYPHLP*
  • HUDCO
  • JAIBALAJI
  • JWL
  • KPIL
  • MOTILALOFS
  • NBCC
  • POWERINDIA
  • SCHNEIDER
  • SIGNATURE
  • SOBHA
  • SWSOLAR

Exit:
HBLPOWER, HINDCOPPER, INOXWIND and NATIONALUM make an exit.

Entry:
AEGISLOG, APARINDS, CENTURYTEX and GODFRYPHLP make an entry.

2 Likes

Some notes on the above.

1. I continue to see the values extracted by Google Finance changing.
  2. I had to download bhav copies.
  3. Last 2 days bhav copies available on NSE site.
  4. From 10th to 12th June, I had to download the bhav copies from samco.in
  5. I then integrated values from bhav copy into our sheet.

Therefore, I am confident of data from 10th to 14th. The previous week make still have some errors; I will try and fix it the same way over the next few days. I don’t think it will materially change the list very much.

Will check again coming weekend to see if the problem still persists.

Once we learn how to do this, the entire process is not too difficult. If people are interested, I can do a quick video to capture this process.

5 Likes

More than happy to have a video on that sir, looking forward for the same. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @visuarchie Sir,
I have checked every date value with Google Finance and Yahoo Finance for each day.
I can confirm all the data is correct from my side and there is 1 issue I found that is causing this changing data from Google Finance.

googleFinance function returns 2 rows but sometimes it returns 3 rows and our index function is picking 2,2, causing the same data to be picked for different dates.

Please find an updated formula which I tried in my sheet.
=INDEX(GOOGLEFINANCE(“NSE:”&C$4,“price”,$B7-1), ROWS(GOOGLEFINANCE(“NSE:”&C$4,“price”,$B7-1)), 2)

I got the same list as yours, but the order is different for some stocks.

Doubt: You have not made price changes for last week, which can cause the order to be different as we are considering 1-year and 6-month data in the standard deviation formula.

I downloaded the data from Bhav copies and verified them for the 3rd and 14th of June.
No difference I found in the price for these 2 dates.

Please check and verify the same.

1 Like