Smallcap momentum portfolio

Thank you, I am sure you will update us soon such situations take place.

1 Like

Hi Viswanath sir, Thanks for your patience in updating the thread and answering all the questions. I have a few questions.

1. When do you enter and exit the stocks. After market opening on 1st day of the week, as the screening is done over weekend?
  2. Did you face a situation where the buy stock is already on Upper circuit? What do you do in this case?
  3. Did you face a situation where the exit stock is already on lower circuit? What do you do in this case?
1 Like

@sbojja answers to your queries.

1. I always enter on Monday morning after the update is done over the weekend.

2 & 3. I have never faced such a situation in these pfs. However, I have experienced this situation on some other pfs. In that case, I wait and enter / exit when the stocks come out of circuit. Sometimes, the update get delayed to Tuesdays also.

Hi @visuarchie
Please find list for next week

JAIBALAJI
COCHINSHIP
ANANDRATHI
HUDCO
MOTILALOFS
SOBHA
POWERINDIA
JWL
ARE&M
EXIDEIND
SCHNEIDER
KPIL
BLUESTARCO
INOXWIND
APARINDS
NBCC
AEGISCHEM
GPIL
SWSOLAR
EIHOTEL

A–>Z sorted

AEGISCHEM
ANANDRATHI
APARINDS
ARE&M
BLUESTARCO
COCHINSHIP
EIHOTEL
EXIDEIND
GPIL
HUDCO
INOXWIND
JAIBALAJI
JWL
KPIL
MOTILALOFS
NBCC
POWERINDIA
SCHNEIDER
SOBHA
SWSOLAR

I had a column issue @stuti_agarwal

1 Like

12 month date: 6/9/2023
6 month date: 12/8/2023

RANKING →

JAIBALAJI
COCHINSHIP
ANANDRATHI
HUDCO
POWERINDIA
JWL
SOBHA
SCHNEIDER
MOTILALOFS
EXIDEIND
KPIL
BLUESTARCO
APARINDS
NBCC
SIGNATURE
GODFRYPHLP
BRIGADE
GPIL
EIHOTEL
SWSOLAR
HINDCOPPER

A-Z ORDER

ANANDRATHI
APARINDS
BLUESTARCO
BRIGADE
COCHINSHIP
EIHOTEL
EXIDEIND
GODFRYPHLP
GPIL
HUDCO
JAIBALAJI
JWL
KPIL
MOTILALOFS
NBCC
POWERINDIA
SCHNEIDER
SIGNATURE
SOBHA
SWSOLAR

I don’t understand why, but my list always differs from you @Anand_Jain
There are 4 difference i can see that are in my list and not yours.

@visuarchie waiting for your list as well.

1 Like

Hi,
Anyone gave a thought of making momentum portfolio from NSE 450? i,e From 51 to 500 of NSE500 universe… if one notices recently, Nifty Junior index is relatively much stronger and making good progress with less drawdowns

my dates are
12 months:09/06/2023
6 months:- 08/12/2023

my dates are the same

1 Like

@stuti_agarwal @Anand_Jain ,
There is some issue while retrieving data from google finance. For some of the stocks, It’s returning same price on different (mostly consecutive) days.
Please recheck the prices once.

Ranking :

JAIBALAJI
COCHINSHIP
ANANDRATHI
HUDCO
MOTILALOFS
SOBHA
POWERINDIA
JWL
SCHNEIDER
EXIDEIND
KPIL
BLUESTARCO
ARE&M
INOXWIND
BRIGADE
APARINDS
SIGNATURE
NBCC
AEGISCHEM
GPIL

a-z

AEGISCHEM
ANANDRATHI
APARINDS
ARE&M
BLUESTARCO
BRIGADE
COCHINSHIP
EXIDEIND
GPIL
HUDCO
INOXWIND
JAIBALAJI
JWL
KPIL
MOTILALOFS
NBCC
POWERINDIA
SCHNEIDER
SIGNATURE
SOBHA

P.S. updated the list, forgot to update price changes for this week earlier.

how did you rectify the price for such stocks? @SaurabhVj

I have written an app script. It fetches stock prices for given date and compares the prices with previous day. In case, number of stocks with similar prices on previous and current day is significantly higher, it refetches prices for such stocks again.

can you send me the script? @SaurabhVj

@visuarchie sir, I have got below list for next week based on Ranking, Could you pls post your list so that I can compare.
12Months:09/06/2023
6Months: 08/12/2023

JAIBALAJI
COCHINSHIP
ANANDRATHI
HUDCO
POWERINDIA
JWL
SOBHA
SCHNEIDER
MOTILALOFS
EXIDEIND
KPIL
BLUESTARCO
APARINDS
NBCC
SIGNATURE
GODFRYPHLP
BRIGADE
GPIL
EIHOTEL
SWSOLAR
HINDCOPPER

I am travelling this weekend with limited access to internet. With the update done, I find stocks changing in the list randomly. I will need some more time to check what is going on; just be something to do with Google Finance.
Not planning any update today or tomorrow.

1 Like

Hi,
I am sharing spreadsheet for the stock prices from 3rd June to 7th June here. It might be useful as there is some issue in retrieving data from google finance.

P.S.: I have removed formulas from last row as well reason being prices were varying randomly.

1 Like

@SaurabhVj @stuti_agarwal @Malepati_Varaprasad since Vishu sir, on leave, people follow your posts, could it be possible for you to come up with same data, scrips are in varying, discuss among yourselves and please if you could update with Uniform stocks. Mentioning 50 EMA ~ 200 EMA etc.

1 Like

When i checked today (for data till 07-Jun-24), below is the ranking i have got. However as pointed out by Vishwanth sir, Google finance list is changing randomly every few minutes. So couldn’t completely rely on below ranking. Another point is Motilal oswal announced 3:1 Bonus and previous prices changed accordingly.

50EMA (15418) > 200EMA (13930)

JAIBALAJI
COCHINSHIP
ANANDRATHI
HUDCO
POWERINDIA
JWL
SCHNEIDER
EXIDEIND
SOBHA
BLUESTARCO
KPIL
ARE&M
INOXWIND
APARINDS
SIGNATURE
NBCC
AEGISCHEM
MOTILALOFS
BRIGADE
GODFRYPHLP

1 Like

is there any issue with google sheet as most of changing randomly in every few min.?
or i have made new sheet but same thing is happing on that new sheet too.

Some issues with Google sheets, please those following momo recheck with other sources.

1 Like

which momo is have recheck ? i m new to google sheet… ? and i was checking the price of others scripts too … there are difference in price of nse website nd google sheet closing prices?

1 Like