Smallcap momentum portfolio

Hello @Anand_Jain I tried your formula; I am getting a parse error. Please reconfirm if the formula has to be tweaked.
I will complete the bhav copy process for the previous week. Then I can see if there is any difference between the two lists.

1 Like

Yes, I have moved some columns here and there for a better view of my sheet.
Just remove the row from the Index formula and place ROWS(your working googlefinance formula) will give the last row and column number 2.

Then will get the last row and 2nd column value of the google finance formula.

Sorry @Anand_Jain still not clear. I had applied my correct cell references. The error I am getting is not related to cell references. It is about the formula itself; I am missing something.

Sent you the google meet link, if you can join.

Or wait I am comparing the formula with your last shared working list.

1 Like

Hi @visuarchie sir, tomorrow 12 PM is it okay, for a meet, I will send a link for a doubt clearing session.

1 Like

@Anand_Jain 's formula is working now. We will not need another session. I will still make a video in any case about how to integrate bhav copies; might be useful to some.

=INDEX(GOOGLEFINANCE(“NSE:”&C$4,“price”,$B7-1), ROWS(GOOGLEFINANCE(“NSE:”&C$4,“price”,$B7-1)), 2)

This was the formula suggested by @Anand_Jain. After a bit of struggle it is working for me. Please note that C$4 refers to the cell where the stock name is written. $B7 in this formula is the place where the date is written. Please make the correct reference.

For some reason copying did not work. I entered the formula and then it started to.

3 Likes

Please find below link to the video. I have done some post processing to enhance the voice. Please see if it helps. I have deleted the old video.

5 Likes

Hi Vishwanath. If I need to start a momentum portfolio now, is it ok to buy this basket at the current prices? The reason I am asking is because many stocks would have already run up a lot. Or is it still ok as the portfolio is based on momentum strength.

2 Likes

@Sandeep_Mehta1 I will give below my opinion.

1. If you believe in the India growth story, you should go ahead and invest.
  2. The best time to invest was yesterday, next best time is today.
  3. You should always be happy with market touching All Time Highs. If the market did not continuously make highs, there is no way the Sensex that started at 100 (in 1979) would reach 77,300 today.
  4. We should be afraid of the lows and not the highs.
  5. We are very nimble in our rebalance and hence if any stock (s) is falling, we can come out and enter into the new ones.
3 Likes

Thanks so much for your views. Much appreciated. Will make a small case and begin my journey.

Regards, Sandeep.

1 Like

i am new to this thread and planning to start this momentum investing can anyone here help me out how should i go on to screen these stocks and entry-exit mechanism.

1 Like

My suggestion would be to follow Vishwanath’s tested process rather than reinvent the wheel. He’s kind enough to share his PF every week.

2 Likes

Go through the description ( first post) of the thread there you will find the answer, that how the thread creator manage his momentum pf.
To a generic question like yours suggest you to read books get a conviction then try this method, bcz after FNO this is the riskiest.
Regarding generic momentum strategy:

To screen stocks:1. Look for stocks that have performed well over the past 3 to 12 months.
2. Check for high trading volumes.
3. Favor sectors that are leading the market.
For entry:1. Buy stocks near their highs with consistent upward movement.
2. Look for positive momentum indicators.
For exit:1. Sell if the stock starts underperforming.
2. Use trailing stop-losses.
3. Rebalance your portfolio regularly, like monthly.

2 Likes

Sir, i am new here i have gone through every comment and spend hours on google sheet to match the stocks of mine with yours but unfortunately only 70%-80% matching as well i am thinking to start this portfolio from monday onwards… Sir i am requesting you to please upload new google spreadsheet here if possible.

1 Like

Please ensure that you have taken dividend, bonus etc into account and omitted special trading days.

2 Likes

i am using smallcap momentum ratio 6 the latest file…i have not changed things at all. May be i added ema 50, 200 as per Visuarchie sir how to put ema video and not removed Dma maybe. i will try remove dma then see it if it matches or not. I have got new secondary demat account so i can start on monday.

1 Like

Hello @Kunal7 I will update the sheet for entry next week and upload that sheet for your reference.

In the meantime, you might consider the following:

1. Last couple of weeks, we seem to be having some issues with relation to Google Finance pulling data. You could try and populate the sheet with the integration of Bhav copy of the respective day. This is not too difficult.
  2. As observed by @R_Sawkar please check whether you have provided for bonus and name changes. MOTILALOFS has issued bonus and AEGISLOG is the new name for AEGISCHEM.
  3. Many stocks may not have 1y or 6m look back. You will have to adjust the dates accordingly.
3 Likes

@Kunal7 DMA or EMA have no impact on the list; hence you need not worry about them. Please look at some of the other points I mentioned in my previous post.

In any case, I will upload the latest sheet tomorrow for your reference.

2 Likes

Thanku for uploading sheet tomorrow sir. I copy pasted 2 yrs data of ageislog I have spent hours correcting each stock manually looking at there data of closing price and matching it.my sheet is very stable overall on Google finance itself. But yea I didn’t know about bonus and others so now it’s of no point as you are sending me new sheet, I am waiting for new sheet…

1 Like