SmallCap Hunter : Trying to find the dark horses with triggers

Thank for the update. One query - there is sudden drop in revenue from FF2016 (530 Cr) to FY2017(69 Cr). Please share if you have any info on the reason for revenue drop.

Thanks

1 Like

Because of demerger from its subsidiary company Tinna Trade limited.

1 Like

Can someone please share their thoughts or review this company called - Permanent Magnets Limited.?

Thanks for the detailed write up. Interesting opportunity. Can you please provide some guidance on valuation take into account the projected numbers for FY 23, FY 24 and FY 25.

As per the recent business update of Add-shop e retail, it seems they are doing business well. EXPANSION Via E-COMMERCE BUSINESS PLATFORM AND BY NEW PRODUCTS. See the [BSEINDIA]

Investor presentation of Tinna Rubber for 9m/Q3-FY22.

Operational Highlights

Electrical Load enhancement process underway at Gumudipoondi plant to
double the reclaiming capacity. Additional capacity will help in catering to
increasing demand from existing customer base in South India and overseas.

• Decline in margins in current quarter was due to the negative impact of high
ocean freights and domestic raw material cost, which was mitigated to some
extent by increase in sales and sale prices in both road & non-road sectors.

• Purvanchal Expressway, which commissioned in Q3-FY22, was one of the
drivers for increase in sales in road sector.

• Ongoing projects including prestigious Bundelkhand Expressway and
Jamnagar-Amritsar Expressway shall provide steady growth in the coming
quarters, with similar infrastructure projects to drive sales in road sector
business in rest of FY23 as well.

3 Likes

There too much upper circuit due to low float , it can be a clear case of pump & dump

Cam across this interesting company named Scandent Imaging. While it has got a few hospitals in Mumbai, it still calls itself imaging company as-in 2D/3D imaging/scans used for diagnosis. Fundamentally numbers appear good.

In Mar’21, Net Cash Flow was also positive. Primary reason for growth appears to be coming from the boom of hospital sector post pandemic breakout. If Imaging business becomes accretive, could add to the top and bottom line. Management quality needs to be validated. Generally, such small companies can be easy targets of manipulations. From Last 5 years profit growth has been phenomenal.

Could this be a dark horse with the trigger? Only time will tell.

7 Likes

In case of Tinna Rubber do we have any idea on its order book and how its gaining traction. What has actually led to such a jump in revenues for Tinna and is it sustainable?

2 Likes

I am subscribed to a reputed Financial Magazine which also reports Stock Manipulation & Scandent Imaging featured in the list. The article is paid hence cannot past the content.

A Snippet-
For FY14-15, sales were Rs7 lakh while there was a net loss of Rs24.83 crore which was because of other expenses of Rs19.63 crore.
These included expenses of Rs7.09 lakh paid as consent fees to the market regulator for non-compliance with regard to SEBI (Substantial Acquisition of Shares and Takeovers)
The stock price should have languished however it shot up from from Rs2.18 on 29 January 2015 to to Rs20.6 on 2 May 2017 for no major reason.

4 Likes

You are referring to Moneylife article that was published few years back. Agree, that not everything appears prudent from Management stand point but from last 5 years or so, no such issue has come to forefront. Having said that still, it is a cause of concern.

Came across this company 2 months back and took just a very small position for tracking around paltry 180 shares… Of the view that the way imaging business is progressing and the margins they enjoy after break even of centres it can be huge. Star Imaging has gone from strength to strength… No imaging company is listed except this. Its just hope, will see their next 2 3 qtr results

2 Likes

Hi,

Just curious to know , are you still holding Kwality pharma. Looks a good company with capacity expansion and all. Only doubt is , is the market valuing it a la kilpest. Ie: majority of the earnings being covid driven and earnings will taper down in future.

Would be nice to hear your current views if possible.

I’m holding it, markets generally are down as well as covid being the reason for increased revenue markets are right that revenue levels won’t sustain
However I think they have collected almost 20-30% of market cap in liquid cash and they sell covid drugs into countries that don’t have strong patent protection like Bangladesh which is price sensitive market that is not going to enforce patents until they get a bit wealthy as a nation.
There are many drugs that are easy to replicate but patents protection prevents selling these
The have a distributor network, waiting to see if they can leverage that to push other products
They are also buying plants as they are cash rich
Once the management gets a taste and knack to do business in a specific way mostly they scale from there like bharat rasayan and many many others, even pi industries
They are moving to main board so more people would be able to participate in their growth
I think things will start moving in April
The markets have been weak as well so any small selling is not being absorbed
I have seen this in other scripts like medicamen biotech however some sectors are attracting a lot of money, ev being one.
Some companies in this sector like jbm motors and Talbros auto have done well and I think they are just starting as my gut feeling is that market wariness will end anytime after budget
Once investors see a business friendly budget the market will rally I think very fast and too soon for most people who are out of it based on technicals and volume I’m seeing

5 Likes

Add shop had issued convertible warrants to Nexpact late last year which was a sign of FII investing money. Now that has been rescinded.

The Board of directors approved the withdrawal of entire Preferential issue of up to 8,00,000
convertible Warrants at Rs. 160/- per warrant of Add-Shop E-Retail Limited approved by
shareholders thought postal ballot on 09th November, 2021 and approval of From MGT -14 by MCA
(ROC Ahmedabad, Gujarat) due to inordinate delay in grant of confirmation of in-principle approval
of the Preferential Issue by BSE. 
1 Like

https://www.bseindia.com/corporates/anndet_new.aspx?newsid=840dfd12-f0f9-4982-8b5f-146dbd311f0b

Satia Industries posted pretty solid results, and this without the new capacity coming onstream.

Disc.: invested

1 Like

Natural Capsules Presentation(Worth going through, lot of good things happening in this company) : https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachHis/c8caef1f-3206-406b-9074-1e9f2a6d5ccb.pdf

6 Likes

What is the impact of withdrawl?

Thank You so much for your inputs on Worth Peripheral
Did you get further reply on your questions? Please update.

Their shareholding is dicey, study the public shareholding. Truck owners own a large part of the company, the price falls every time they sell, even though the triggers are present fundamentally. I am surprised how no one brings it up in con calls