Selecting a broker

IDFC isn’t onboard the UPI IPO thing yet. The bid won’t go through. You’ll have to delete the bid and apply with a bank that is on the list here:
https://www.npci.org.in/upi-live-ipo

1 Like

I have one account with Zerodha and another one with Axis Direct. Yesterday was record date for split of Laurus Labs shares. Updated status( number of shares after split) is reflecting in Axis Direct account since today but a mail from zerodha mentions that updating will take 3-4 days.
What may be the reason for zerodha seeking more time.

Axis may be showing split number in portfolio balance. The same will not be there in DEMAT .
Till the shares are added to NSDL/CDSL DEMAT accounts, your DEMAT will not reflect the same in broker accounts. which may take 2-3 days.
some brokers may be reflecting the change in portfolio balance.

You might want to consider Zerodha. There are no charges on Zerodha for delivery trades and flat Rs. 20 charges for Intra Day trades. When you open an account with Zerodha, you will have to open another Demat account with them. Everything is online. I opened an account with them recently and it took 10 minutes to open the same. After that they took two days to send the login details. The platform is really nice and easy to use. 0.5% by Motilal Oswal is quite steep. That would mean you have to pay 1% combined on a buy and sell delivery trade.

Please note I am not associated with Zerodha in any way and my post is purely based on my own experience with them.

1 Like

Yes. Just Checked. Axis is showing in Portfolio Account Only, not in Demat Account. Seeking one clarification: Demat Account is owned by DP or CDSL/NSDL??

Technically, you’re the owner or to be more precise, the “Beneficiary Owner”. The account sits with CDSL/NDSL. The DP has visibility of the account, but that’s about it.

Got fed up with Kotak sec

My account became dormant for not using it for long tym

Called customer care many tyms , still not able to reactivate

Today filed a complain against them n SEBI website

Bunch of arrogant executives

No use having accounts in these costly brokers

2 Likes

Is anybody using prostocks.com? I am seeking feedback on how good are they before I open an account.

Unable to login to Zerodha kite app from around 9.11 am, where the login is terminated giving an error message unexpected error occurred. Any other fellow member facing the same issue or is it my account specific? Request @Nikhil.A to have a look into it.

me too faced this issue

I went to sbi branch to create my demat account with SBI. But they are asking to sign POA page? If i dont sign then i will not be able to sell my shares online. I have to visit the branch and provide dp slip, in order to sell.

Can anyone confirm me if this is normal practice to sign POA while creating demat with SBI Sec? will there be any misuse of POA if I sign?

Which is best discount brokerage to buy ASM/GSM stocks… not easy with zerodha

Yes, POA is normal. When we buy or sell online, they will be executing orders on our behalf.

2 Likes

Not required.
You don’t need to sign a POA. Many brokers give you non-POA accounts wherein when you want to sell shares, you need to generate an e-PIN and continue trading. This facility is available with all major brokers.

2 Likes

I have used 5 paisa . They allow all asm shares. Edellwise I have heard that they also allow

2 Likes

Kotak now has US stocks investing account (when did they launch?)

Any experience with them?
Who else (broker) provide US stocks investing account?

2 Likes

Icicidirect does that and recently got launched couple of months ago I believe. Didn’t subscribe for it. Reviews are welcome if anyone has experienced it.

1 Like

There seems to have been a massive glitch with Zerodha on Friday.

I applied for IRCTC OFS in Retail category at the cut-off price. At 8pm, I received this email

"Dear Gurjot,

We would like to inform you that your OFS order for IRCTC was placed at the Exchange but was not accepted. We have taken up the matter with the Exchange.

Regards,
Team Zerodha"

When I googled this, I find that many other people have got the exact same email.

On Twitter, there are plenty of users who’ve expressed their disappointment with Zerodha’s shoddy services!

Sharing one of the tweets

Atleast 5 people have already posted within a few hours

Extremely sad that again and again, the aspect of being a “discount broker” keeps coming back to haunt Zerodha and it’s users (including me)

Choosing your broker seems the same as choosing your stocks now i.e. “Pay up for quality”!

3 Likes

See every broker has some positive and negative, but my Experiance from last 25 years in market is discount broker are best then traditional broker.
Present dynamic of broking is changing. All traditional broker give good service only if u are giving good big brokerage. And they also concentrate only on big clients who trades in crores daily.
Discount broker are just like vanila , they have no big setup like old brokers . They can give economical brokerage as they depends more on volume.
Now simple question is then what to do ?
Keep all the option open.

1. Open trading account with more then one broker so u are not deprived if one allows asm shares and other don’t.also nowadays account opening is weived.
  2. open bank account with more then one bank. Eg Kotak allowing ipo online even if u don’t have demate account with u. I heard IDFC also starting the same.
  3. cdsl or NSDL activate online transfer of shares , so if zerodha don’t allow selling of asm shares u can sell in 5 paisa by online transfer of shares.

Everyone will agree opportunity is more imp , if u can’t trade at all then their is no question of future profit.

So keep all option open

4 Likes

I have account both in Kotak and Zerodha,
In March I faced more problem with Kotak than Zerodha
Vedanta - kotak did not allow bid price change from floor price at portal, also they were not accepting order by mail, until escalated.
Zerodha have issue that they submit order only on last day.
Bottom line is that, for me there is no differentiation between the two, full or discount.

2 Likes