Screener Specter - Companion for screener.in

Hello ValuePickr Community,

I’m excited to introduce you to Screener Specter , a Chrome extension I’ve been working on. As a fellow investment enthusiast, I wanted to create a tool that could enhance our experience on Screener.in by providing additional insights and real-time data without the hassle of manual exports or spreadsheets.

What Screener Specter Does:

• Enhanced Analysis: It adds a forensic summary to the Screener.in company pages, giving you deeper insights into stock data.
  • Real-Time Data: Stay updated with the latest stock information as you browse through company profiles.
  • Advanced Calculations: Simplifies complex financial metrics, making them easier to understand and use in your decision-making process.

How It Can Be Useful:

• Streamlined Research: No more juggling between multiple tools or manual data entry. Screener Specter integrates seamlessly into your Screener.in workflow.
  • In-Depth Insights: Get comprehensive analysis with just a click, helping you make more informed investment decisions.

I’m reaching out to this knowledgeable community for feedback and suggestions. Your insights could help improve Screener Specter and make it even more valuable for all of us. If you encounter any issues or have ideas for new features, please let me know. I’m eager to learn and grow with your help.

Looking forward to your thoughts and feedback!

13 Likes

Not required since

1. major data can be interpreted easily on screener.in
  2. This looks too average plugin.
1 Like

I agree that all the pointers can be figured out with the data available on the Screener page. However, the motivation behind this extension is to provide a quick overview of the financials, allowing you to identify key areas at a glance and then dig deeper into the relevant sections as needed.

That said, I’d love to know if there are any specific features or improvements that could make the extension more useful for you.

3 Likes

can u give detailed calculations for the specter
how to use this extension, interpretation I mean?

1 Like

@PGM.00
The tool is designed to give you a comprehensive overview of a stock’s financial health by scoring various factors like Sales Growth, Margin Stability, ROE, ROCE, Debt Levels, and more. By looking at these scores, you can quickly identify areas where the company is performing well and where it might have some weaknesses.

For example, if you see a high score in “Sales Growth” and “ROE,” it indicates that the company has been growing its revenue consistently and is effectively utilizing its equity to generate profits. On the other hand, a low score in “Debt” might suggest that the company has high debt levels, which could be a risk factor.

This tool helps you dig deeper into specific areas based on the data available, allowing you to make more informed decisions. It’s essential to understand that this is not a buy or sell recommendation but rather a way to get a broad sense of the company’s current financial situation. If you feel that additional factors could be included or if you have any suggestions, I’d love to hear them!

I just added this tool to chrome and saw the points what has been given. It’s good we get the financial position in a nutshell but according to me it should give the basis on which each of these points have been given without which the readers will not be sure whether the conclusion of tool is accurate or not.

1 Like

well at first thanks for sharing the tool. i just used it randomly for a co Everest industries and got an output of 6 Yes 4 neutral and 3 No with some brief explanations to each. even though the reasons are helpful to understand scoring but i dont think an investment decision can be made upon the basis of say a total score . So for me the commentary below each is more helpful than the scoring. Thanks again

2 Likes

Thanks so much for using Screener Specter and for your thoughtful feedback! I totally get what you’re saying about not relying solely on a total score—it’s important to dig into the details. I’m thinking about how to make the commentary even more central in future updates. Your input means a lot, and I really appreciate you taking the time to share it!

Thank you for sharing your experience with Screener Specter! I’m glad you found the explanations helpful. I completely understand your point about the total score—it’s definitely important to dive deeper into the details rather than relying solely on a single number. I’m considering ways to better emphasise the commentary and provide even more insights in future updates. Your feedback is really valuable, and I appreciate you taking the time to share it!

1 Like

it would be better the ratios and score is based on sector instead overview because all of it already screener is providing

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback! Sector-specific ratios are indeed an important consideration, and future versions of Screener Specter will explore incorporating this aspect to provide even more tailored insights.

Update: Screener Specter Version 1.2 || Aug 23, 2024

Excited to share the latest update for Screener Specter! In this version, we’ve enhanced the info icons and description modals for better clarity, added a feedback button, updated the fonts, and implemented a few minor fixes. Looking forward to your feedback as we continue to improve!