Saregama India Ltd: India’s premier music publishing label

Goldman bullish on music streaming… sees India as the next frontier of growth…

3 Likes

Saregama Credit - Bisleri Ad Featuring Deepika Padukone

Digi Drive shares will list today

5 Likes

The Saregama stock has seen headwinds in the last one year, unlike the broad market which has been on an upward trajectory. At the current market price, the stock is trading at an FY25 PE of 27.9 times, which is reasonable and has an upside from the current levels as acquisition, prudent cost control and music OTT transition-led premiumisation set the next stage of growth for the company. Investors can add the stock with a medium-term view.

Experts kindly give your valuable feedback on above

Saregama faces challenges in transitioning its predominantly older audience to a subscription-based audio OTT model. The reluctance of the older generation to pay for apps and the financial constraints of the younger demographic pose hurdles. The availability of free alternatives and concerns about Carvaan’s margins add complexity. Monitoring the company’s quarterly performance and adapting to market changes are crucial for future growth.
Though I like company and made 7x on it. Need to see growth coming back to enter again.
Disclosure: Exited last year

Also note that pocket aces is loss making for now. So near term results might be suppressed

Is anyone currently tracking the demerged entity i.e caravan business that is recently listed? any view on its valuation.

4 Likes

Results are very mediocre…Forget the other segments , Saregama continues to disappoint even in the music segment where there is a degrowth…contrast this to tips which had both strong revenue and profit growth…

5 Likes

Concall

saregamawsa.bc.cdn.bitgravity.com/videos/investor/Saregama_Q3FY23_24_virtual_conference.mp3

1 Like

Anyone having any idea of what is going on in Digidrive Distributors Ltd?
As of Dec 2023, FIIs seem to be holding 17.65% which seems intriguing.
Want to understand if it is worth holding / adding to it?

It has negative operating income. Personally see no reason to hold a loss making company. FII may have it due to spin off from Saregama. I have exited my positions.

Disc: Not a buy or sell recommendation. Just informing my personal opinion.

While posting any links to previous videos, youtube links etc, please take care that it adds value to the thread as on date. Posting dated videos does not add value because in a year or two a lot changes for the commpanies.

Instead of posting video links, better option would be to post the key message provided in the video. That atleast proves that you have watched the video, understood the message and spreading the learnings from that.

18 Likes

Likely long term anti-thesis:
People will listen to personalised music.

This is just beginning of trend: https://www.suno.ai/

3 Likes

Wow able to create a song, do basic editing and upload it on youtube, using free available ai tools https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4XrAymFIsc AI is going to change everything, not an exaggeration

3 Likes

@Chandan_Kharbanda so you think people will invest time in making their own song and then if the songs somehow becomes a hit again in turn song would be launched and companies like Saregama would have the rights of these songs. I tried Suno.ai and making your own song isn’t easy and time consuming, but it sounds interesting.

The friction to create your own music would reduce greatly. Consider https://demo.hume.ai/ which can detect mood in your speech and also reply sounding very human like.
AI revolution is just getting started and music people will listen to will be most of the time AI generated.

I think there will emerge a platform that is best at generating songs and it will try to capture distribution within it’s app. And some AI generated songs will go viral.
Since song originate in app and not in studio, its release does not happen first time on Saregama channel (after buying the rights) but on artist’s channel.

I don’t know how it will work for movie song rights. Perhaps music rights of that space will not be disrupted.

Also, I think videos (possibly custom) for songs may be generated by something like Sora

1 Like