Rural Elect Corp

REC shows Strong performance in multiple areas with strong Institutional holdings showing uptrend.

Discl: Invested from lower level with 4X returns within 2 years, apart from hefty dividend yield. May Be biased.Not a buy or sell recommendation. PSU stock carries risks and subject to Govt policy changes resulting in to volatility. Also, PSU stocks may not show qoq sequential growth. The quarterly performance may be lumpy.

2 Likes

Addressable Debt market Rs 220-260 Lakh Crore during 2024-2030 across Infra (power, Roads , ports etc)- Beneficiaries mainly are REC, PFC, IREDA

investments required across infrastructure sectors in India (such as Power, Roads, Ports, etc.) totaling Rs 220-260 Lakh Crores between FY24 to FY30 as per the National Infrastructure Pipeline. Of this, the Renewable Energy investment is projected at ~Rs 30 Lakh Crore till 2030 unlocking an addressable debt market o

1 Like

IF RBI withdraws or reduces the 5% rule, look for interesting moves in these, all power and infra financing names.

and Fin ministry may help in this matter as govt needs the financing to build the infra.

2 Likes

@hardik_shah1
It is more likely. It may be announced in forthcoming budget

1 Like

Q1 2025 update ā€¦Loan book grows by 24% yoy

1 Like

So infrastructure funding has started showing growth.

This was crucial deliverable for them. If this pace continues then CMP looks cheap.

3 Likes

Budget 2024: Rs 2500-3000 cr POWER scheme JANMAN likely! Biggest beneficiary - REC | ET NOW EXCLUSIVE | Budget 2024 News, ET Now (etnownews.com)

Seperate from what we were expecting but good news keeps coming

2 Likes

As I continue to compare the wild race of REC, PFC, and IREDA, hereā€™s the latest scoop on IREDA: [IREDA share price: IREDA stock jumps 6% to record high after a large deal; more than double investors' money YTD]

• IREDA is seeing a stampede of trades since last week.
  • Is seeking FPO approval to raise Rs 4,000-5,000 crore.(long mentioned, not a news here though)
  • It raised Rs 1,500 crore via bonds, which saw oversubscribtion 2.65 times

It seems to me, In the last 6 months (3M,1M,weekly. on all timeframe), IREDA ran faster than PFC and REC. or did i miss something ?

So, whatā€™s the deal here ? Has there been some major change speeding up IREDA? Is it the marketā€™s typical irrational moves? Or is it just a Budget doparoll?

Still holding IREDA like a confused koala. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Wherever there is future earning visibility , investors are chasing those stocksā€¦And IREDA is a Navratna PSU, so there would not be any corporate governance issues, Govt backed , no issue in fund raising , NPAā€™ s are goodā€¦ For the investor , you get regular dividends.

The stock may continue to be in demand with a bout of ups and downs.

However, when compared with REC, PFC, Hudco , there is a wide valuation gapā€¦
REC , PFC donā€™t carry Renewable energy Tag , but IREDA do carry the tag.

Given an option and if I have to add to my existing holdings , i would rather add to REC, PFC and Hudco rather than IREDA.
I am holding all the three from lower level with 9-10 % Dividend yield - IREDA i was allotted in IPO. Had Partly booked profit and later added back on decline
Discl: Invested. May be biased . please do your own assessment before investing. PSU stocks could be volatile at times due to change in govt policy

1 Like

We are at the euphoria stage of the market. You and I have discussed this in out convos. Recent price action is completely out of whack with fundamentals.

What is the future, I am no guru to predict.

As regards to REC/ IREDA / PFC, look at loan growth and NPA to determine relative valuation for long term.

for eg: PFC has recently loaned the Shapoorji group some 15k crores for repaying old loans. Does it make sense. Is it part of their mandate.

Similarly, REC has started funding infra projects. Do they have clear understanding of the relative pitfalls. Infra projects in India are almost always delayed. Have they priced the risk.

I hold REC bought at current prices having but am doing so taking into account 15-20% dips and long term holding. If your outlook is shorter, maybe time is to take out profits.

2 Likes

https://x.com/_Sandeep09/status/1803963490224476418?t=3u2iOgsxzpmRxSgHeQjCjA&s=19

PFC hasnā€™t sanctioned the loan to Shapoorji group till now. And probably wonā€™t because of the social media backlash.

1 Like

Bernstein Sees Better Return from REC/PFC, Cheaper Valuation Than Banking Peers

1 Like