Road Construction players - Who will win the race along the upcoming freeways?

1. Harmonious Substitution of a Road Project in Kerala with project cost of 1900cr.
  2. Agreement with other company to do construction and procurement of project worth 2366cr. Design will be done by partner.
  3. EPC order book of 10400 cr.

With TTM sales of 1431 cr. I expect significant revenue growth in coming 2 years.
As company always bid/substitute projects which have margins protected. Accelerated growth and top line and bottom line is expected.

Disclosure: Invested

Welspun Enterprize covered by Anil Singhvi

1. Good order book.
  2. 5000 cr asset, 500cr annutiy income ( EBIDTA)
  3. Low Debt.
  4. Gas discovery can be huge. According to me if it comes out as expected, huge re rating.
  5. Cheap Valuation.
  6. Strong promoter group
  7. Sector rotation to infra, low interest cost to continue.

Welspun Enterprises conference call highlights:

1. Total Order Book is 8100 cr. 5500 cr. Road. 2550 cr. Water. It excludes Kazikhode bypass project as NHAI take stand which company not confident to encorporate.
  2. Intestity in Road projects are increased in terms of no. of players as well as aggressive bidding.
  3. Nal se Jal is huge opportunity.
  4. Continue to pursue in organic growth if meets required return ratios.
  5. Investment cycle is over. Only 207 remaining.
  6. Get AA- rating from Brickworks. It is with few infra projects such as l&T. With the investment cycle is over, It will be a move to AA, which will give company loans at 7.45% from 7.75%.
  7. Order inflow: Will take one/two more projects this year. After that one project every quarter.
  8. Company is L1 for 3500cr. the project however bid time is up to December. After that only it can be concluded.
  9. If no challnage from COVID/Farmere agitatios, revenue can move to 600cr. from Q3 as order book of 8100 cr to be executed in 30 months.
  10. Monetization: 3 projects are operational and getting regular annutiy. Q2 will give 2 HAM and 1 BOT project PCOD. Then, 6 projects ready for monetization, will start looking to monetize from Feb 2022 on wards.
  11. Lucknow railway station re development is 1000 cr. + project ( ball park). It is design, build, monetize kind of project.
  12. Oil and gas technical data is under evaluation, will finish by December 2021.
  13. Company have key equipment to mitigate risk of sub contractors not available. Though there are enough sub contracors available.

You can here conference all here: Welspun Enterprises Ltd - RB Company Profile.

2 Likes

Can any one here explain why cash flow is so low for infra companies. In HG INFRA you can see cash flow from operations is not good as compared to declared profits

2 Likes

I have tried to briefly analyse the fundamentals of the company and its business landscape and created a short video - HG Infra Engineering share analysis. Hope you find this video helpful. Would appreciate your feedback.

1 Like

These are capital intensive companies. And because of ongoing projects which need capital and if you see the overall working capital days are high too, so net cash flow is small from operating activities.

1 Like

Hello folks,

Any views on corporate governance quality at Ashoka Buildcon or KNR constructions?

Thanks in advance

The OB for HG infra engineering looks impressive. Did anyone take heed to the last concall? Is there any red flags that I’m missing out

H.G. Infra Engineering Ltd(Initiating Coverage).pdf (1.2 MB)
Initiating coverage on HG Infra

3 Likes

6726b900-9a92-4f6b-a1d9-a0021d054c4f.pdf (1.7 MB)

#HGINFRA

New order from Delhi Metro. First ever.

Company is diversifying it’s business vertical. Earlier it was only a road player.

One of the best balancesheet amongst the infra players.

Way to go! Long growth ahead.

Disc: Invested since 2 years, biased

3 Likes

Today two infra companies posted results. And they were blockbusters.

1. HGINFRA
    Consistent performance, as always!

Revenue 1189 Cr. Vs 960 Cr YoY
Highest ever PAT 130 Cr. Vs 105 Cr. YoY
Stable margis of 16.7%
EPS of 20 vs 15.4 YoY

1. NCC

Great improvement allround!

Revenue of 3903 cr. Vs 3032 Cr.
PAT of 157 Cr. Vs 76 Cr. YoY
EPS of 2.53 Vs 1.25 YoY

Both companies are trading at single digit PE with excellent balancesheet control.

I believe that Infra companies ( who has good balancesheet ) will do well this year, as goverment is highly focused on infra growth of the country.

Disc: Invested in both HGINFRA & NCC. My views are biased.

2 Likes

Why Ashoka buildcon languishing though it has profit and sales growth over the years.

This came up in my screener for companies trading cheap, but have topline and bottom line growth over 5 year period.

It is trading at very low multiple. Unforruntely, i Do not have much in-depth understanding of construction players.

Disc: Not invested

1 Like

Googled about it ( Ashoka ) & came across some articles of bribery, IT raid, Political involvement etc.

Didnt deepdive into it. However, generally such news may have kept company at supressed valuations.

There are lot of options in infra space with relatively good corporate governance.

Disc: Not invested, just sharing for info.

3 Likes

Dhruv Consultancy Services can be a good indirect play on roads through infra consulting

Disc - holding and recommended
Dhruv Consultancy Services Ltd (DCSL) - IC (changes made).pdf (1.5 MB)

Hi Nitya, i was going through dhruv consultancy. I note it has 43 crore of unbilled revenue vs. 80 crores revenue. Any color on it?

1 Like
2 Likes

Nitya thanks for your comments. Please see below management highlighiting that they are working on POC (proof of completion) method.

Another point is they mentioned unbilled revenue is mainly from IHCML and DPR project. However, both of these projects are only 30% of revenues while unbilled revenue is over 50% of revenues. Also if i add receivables then over 60% of revenue is in receivables and unbilled revenues.

Please help provide color on same.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like