RITES Ltd – PSU With a Difference

On Rites vs Engineers India. Anything can happen in equity markets.

Engineers india is in Oil and gas space. While Rites is in transportation space. One can look at the future of these sectors…

3 Likes

RITES is not only a railway player, they are major consultants for airports, national highways and other city constructions like bridges. So, their client concentration is relatively low.

7 Likes

what happened to EIL…

Just wondering…the latest Cash Balance as per 12/31/2018 balance sheet is Rs.3511 crore which is almost equal to Company’s current market Cap, which means you are getting the entire company for free. Amazed to see such a thing in non financial company.

1 Like

@Skylight_Investments - The current market cap appears to be about 7000 Cr.

Oh that was my mistake, I just checked the enterprise value and misinterpreted that as market capitalization. Thank you for the correction :slight_smile:

But still, per share cash balance is half of the per share price.

1 Like

Some of them include the advances by customers, true amount of cash balances is in the vicinity of 1000-1200 crores.

5 Likes

3-Years Agreement Signed between RITES & Modern Coach Factory of Indian Railways. MCF- Raebareli, a production unit of Indian Railways has signed a contract with RITES on nomination basis for the inspection & testing of state-of-the-art AC & Non-AC LHB Coaches for three years.

2 Likes

Good interview

2 Likes

Hii…I did some rough calculation to find a suitable entry point in this scrip…would love to see your comments on the same…thank you…

image .

2 Likes

There is no reason to suggest that margins will come down. Management .has allayed this fears for 5 quarters now in turnkey vs consultation margin mix . As for as them, turnkey are taken so they get exposure into certain new projects, which inturn then provides more work on consulting side. In the reported 6 quarters, the lowest margin is 25% …so I feel 15% worst case assumption is way too low for Rites. Given there is no negative news , the worst drop I can see is 20% & that too I am stretching a bit.

2 Likes
1 Like

RITES declare interim dividend of Rs 6/- :grinning:

2 Likes

RITES - To design, establish, provide, operate, maintain and perform engineering, technical and consultancy services for development of projects/systems of all types and descriptions pertaining to Railways and Other Sectors/Industries in India and outside India.

IRCON - To undertake construction activities in India and abroad on turnkey basis or otherwise in various fields of infrastructure like Railways, Bridges, Roads, Highways, Industrial and Residential Complexes, Airports, etc.

RVNL - To create and augment the capacity of rail infrastructure. To mobilize resources mainly through multilateral/bilateral funding agencies and also through domestic market for successful implementation of projects.

IRCTC - To undertake catering and tourism activities of the Railways. Also facilitates internet ticketing through its website.

Reference - http://www.blog.indianrailways.gov.in/brief-on-indian-railways-undertakings-and-other-organizations/

18 Likes

The investment to pick up stake in IRSDC has finally happened (Was predicted at begin of thread!)
https://techobserver.in/2019/12/29/rites-to-invest-rs-48-crore-to-acquire-24-stake-in-irsdc/

This investment is being done at face value of Rs 10 per share and will provide RITES an opportunity of growth in the emerging field of development of railway stations.

3 Likes

1 Like

Profit increase 10% 8n this quarter

Didn’t understand Q4 results are out even before Q4 ends ?

1 Like

1 Like

The yeild is getting juicy. But one thing I want to understand is. The company displays charecteristics of a PSU like Engineers India Ltd.

1. What makes Rites a better bet than EIL?
  2. What is stopping Rites to go the EIL way?