Reclaiming IEPF shares

Hello there, this thread has really helped with me with many issues that I had with IEPF process for refund of shares, however, there are still few question that I need help with for complete understanding.

A) What should be the financial year to be filled in Indemnity Bond if you have multiple unclaimed dividend for different financial years? Can I go with Financial Year of Shares instead?

B) Is the indemnity bond stamp value standard or depends on market value of shares?

A) I had just used the current FY.
B) I used a Rs 100, but for one claim the company returned after verification, with request for Rs 200, do not remember exactly but the value was one of the biggest maybe ~2 Lakhs.

Thanks for the reply, my shares value could be around 3 lakh, so should I do?

To be on safer side use a Rs 300 maybe :sweat_smile:
This is a bit of guess work and likely (my memory is bit faint after 3 years now) even bigger claims were returned ok even with Rs 100 stamping

Indemnity bond value varies from State to State. It would be better to contact the Company Secretary with details of your claim (email might be fastest) and get it confirmed what value stamp paper needs to be used, AND also other documentation that the company needs.

Best Approach for anyone else would be “Talk to Company Secretary on Directions for your company”. Ultimately the onus is on the Company to verify, satisfy themselves and then forward the Claim to IEPF. IEPF, then just looks at checklist again and processes the request. The Claimant (i.e. You) never interacts with IEPF directly, so work with the company, company secretary to the Investor relations dept for IEPF Claims.

Will try that, thanks for the help… Vikas and Ashwind

One more query here, while filling the IEPF form online there is an option to upload proof of entitlement, here I don’t have the updated certificates since they were never claimed due to address change. All I have is Old share certificates and an Entitlement Letter that I got from company sent from Nodal officers office. So which one should I upload? There is an option to only upload one file.

If it helps, I had used the Depository account statement showing the shares in the demat account. (had highlighted the particular entry/line in the list of holdings)

Share certificates, new or old, should not matter, can be used IMHO. (since they should be traceable in the company records).

Hello Sir,
My father passed away recently & after his demise i found some share certificates of RIL. After searching with the folio number from the certificates on Reliance Investors i came to know that those shares were transferred to IEPF. I only have certificate for 25 shares. But on RIL it is showing total of 150 share are transferred to IEPF. On certificate my mother is a joint holder so the transfer wont be a problem right? Which documents should i attach. Also will it be okay if i have indemnity bond on stamp paper of rps 100? Also do i need to have advanced receipt on stamp paper as well? Can anyone please share the formats for indemnity bond & advance stamp receipt.

Well, i am not aware about procedure for IEPF, but would suggest you to write a letter to company,signed by your mother along with copy of Death Certificate of your father. Further get the Nomination from your mother as now these are in single name.Since all other procedure will take time, give priority to Nomination matter. Ask company to register the Nomination first, as rest all work can take time.

----IEPF–Government’s website

https://bit.ly/3Iasu4X

Free one
https://bit.ly/3Pf2ffX

–paid website

1 Like

Hello Vikas,

For RIL, my father has only 144 shares in Physical form right now however as I calculated, it should be 576 considering “Bonus”. Balance share are not received due to change in residential address over period of time. Kfin RTA informed that all the 576 shares have already been transferred to IEPF . I have few questions for IEPF claim

1. My question is what should I upload in “Letter of Entitlement” field while filling the IEPF-5 form online.
    Do I need to first ask for balance 432 Duplicate certificates (576-144 = 432) from RTA in order to upload total 576 shares (single scan file) on IEPF-5 or do I need to ask only single “letter of Entitlement of 576 shares”. Whenever I ask the process from Kfin Tech RTA, they reply with general process and they never confirmed me what should I upload in “Letter of Entitlement” field in IEPF-5 form.

2. In continuation of above question, when we send all the documents to Company Nodal office through post ,then what we should send them actually against the field “Letter of Entitlement”. Because As I mentioned above I don’t have complete 576 shares, I have only 144 shares right now.

3. Can you please share some specimen of the “Letter of Entitlement” issued by some of the companies that you worked with. you can strike-off sensitive information please. I will really appreciate as It will help me understanding in filling IEPF-5

4. I think IEPF-5 has limitation to upload only 15 entries for Dividend claim, what should we do if we have more than 15 pending Dividend entries for IEPF claim.

5. Does Indemnity Bond should be executed on non-Judicial stamp paper with Notary Public Stamp or just non-Judicial stamp paper without Notary?

1 Like

There will be a change in procedure in reclaiming IEPF shares/dividend going forward, hope it is a better process.

1 Like

Hi

Thanks to this thread I have managed to submit a claim on the IEPF website, sent all requisite papers to the company and the company has also filed a e-verification report on the IEPF website. It has been over 3 months since the company has filed the verification but no action has been taken by IEPF. Do any of you know of an email of IEPF that I can write to in order to prompt some action on their part? Thank you.

P.S. the company has written to iepf@mca.gov.in, iepfclaim@mca.gov.in and seniorcitizen.iepfa@mca.gov.in with CC to me (my mother as the shares are in her name) with the e-verification report challan requesting them to approve the claim but again no action taken by IEPF.

Hi,

I am trying to make an online claim in IEPF website for my shares and dividend. The website is asking to upload “Self attested copy of death certificate” as a mandatory document. :slight_smile: Since I am claiming it for myself, I am super confused. I didnt see any option to claim for self or for deceased. Can anyone please clarify. Not sure what did I do incorrectly

1 Like

Just upload any random file just to satisfy the system constraint, it won’t matter afterall :wink:

1 Like