Raymond - The Complete Man

Note: This is news article from CNBC TV18 & ET.

If it materializes, I guess Raymond LTD will immediately become net debt free.
The ET article says the revenue for this particular business segment (Park Avenue & KS brands) is around 750 crores.

2 Likes

I think this the reason for the pledge by Raymond promoters…they might raise their stake in Raymond consumer…along with the external investor…while Raymond sells out…and clears it’s debt…

Q4 result looks very good. Topline growth, Higher margins, Debt reduction etc. With further debt reduction via FCF, fund raise (JK Files IPO), net profit also will increase due to reduction in interest. Top of it, RE business seems to be really doing well. I guess it would be interesting to see how they manage funds for growing the same.

Any views on valuations? Looks quite cheap at around 5500 crores

2 Likes

They seem to have booked significant revenue in Real estate during FY22 and particularly in last quarter. While EBITA is improving in rest of the business. Outlook for real estate revenue for FY23 is quite important

1 Like

They have indeed done good job for cost optimization

1 Like

Raymond has a FMCG business jointly owned by Singhania family. But the financial numbers of FMCG division is not reported in the consolidated numbers (or so it seems). Does anyone have an idea about this?

Yes, FMCG business revenue are not accounted in Raymond Consolidated business since Raymond hold 48% only. However dividend accounted

What does the sustainable PAT per quarter appears to be…any insights or guidance from management in conference call?

Raymond stock price has gone up rapidly in the past few days. Is there any positive news?

Need opinion on the article from link below. I am not a CA, hence unable to understand. But just curious about management practices

5 Likes

Clarification from management:

Here the managment says its writeoff off recievables in for apparel business ie 200cr… ? is it related to this… ?

This was also confirmed by Raymond CFO is a recent interview with ET Now

1 Like

fantastic…result…

1 Like

Is raymond good for long term ?

Raymond Realty seemed to have launched two new projects - 1 official, 1 not official yet (based on my googling)

1. Raymond Ten X Era: TEN X ERA - Raymond Realty

2. Raymond Aashiyana: https://www.propertypistol.com/projects/7adcb850-25e1-409f-afa3-0d6ff4da955a/raymond-aashiyana-by-raymond-limited-in-thane-west

I couldn’t see the 2nd project in MAHA RERA. So it could be new tower launch in the 1st project Ten X

Anyways, hoping for good (pre) booking numbers in new launch(es) reflecting in Q4 results

1 Like

Raymond Investor Presentation 28th Feb 2023

1 Like

Question:
Major cost in real estate project is of land. especially in Mumbai wherein land costs in overall real-estate projects far far exceeds other costs The land cost in current projects of Raymonds is negligible ( own land).

With negligible land costs, Can someone enlighten why their real estate business targets to offers EBITA margins of only 25% ?

1 Like

this question was asked on concall a lot of times… they say that initial these are startup costs of setting up a new RE business… not that convincing… but they say that margin will go up going forwards… please go through the last 3 concalls…

2 Likes

Insightfull Interview

The new clients on garmenting side which management didn’t name are Hugo Boss, UniQlo, Marks& Spencers (were named by promoter).
These brands and retailers are leading names worldwide.
(Raymond supplies high end suits, jackets 200-300$ retail price)
Raymond is among top 3 suit manufacturers in world.

It seems the past of corporate governance troubles is gone , I see very good intent from promoter specially in terms of hiring industry leaders like Sunil Kataria or Atul Singh, Jatin Khanna.

Also adding website of Raymond Consumer Care ( https://raymondconsumercare.com ) although not a lot of information is present but it can do around 1000 crores of sales in FY24 with 10-11% ebitda margins they are also doing new product launches.
Pre Covid promoter also talked about an eventual IPO last year also deal with GoodGlamm was on cards but due to disagreement on valuation it got off.

Ethnix by Raymond , there is huge growth opportunity as Manyavar (Vedant Fashions) will face competion from everyone and will lose market share they just cannot keep on making 50% EBITDA margins in that business.

5 Likes