RACL Geartech Limited

AR FY’20 Notes:

• Total Revenue grew 11.45% from 190.96 cr in FY19 to 212.84 cr for FY20
    PBT grew 26.3% from 17.34 cr in FY19 to 21.9 cr in FY20

• The Company transferred 16.36 cr to the Reserves for FY20

• RACL Geartech has one subsidiary namely, RACL Geartech GmbH which was incorporated in Austria in February, 2019. The Company started its operations in the subsidiary company in the 2nd quarter of FY20 by hosting an inaugural ceremony on 12th July, 2019

• BSE imposed a fine of 2.41L on the Company on account of composition of the Board of Directors under Regulation 17 of the Listing Regulations (Appointment of Independent Director). The Company had pleaded against the levied penalty and the matter is sub-judice.
    (SEBI LODR Regulations App
    //Request someone to elaborate on this

• The Company has issued and allotted 5,00,000 Equity Shares of the face value of 10/- each on Preferential allotment basis through Private Placement on 3rd July 2019, at a Price of 72.50/- (Including a premium of 62.50/-) per Equity Share to Mr. Gursharan Singh, Chairman & Managing Director of the Company, as per provision of Section 42 and 62 of the Companies Act, 2013

• Export demand is expected to decline by 20% (in value terms) as more than 50% of the company’s exports are to Europe and US and demand is expected to decline from these markets amid Covid-19 outbreak

• RACL shall have huge opportunity in improving its penetration in the domestic market because of majority of product base having presence in 2-wheeler and 3 wheeler segment, sales for which are expected to grow due to use of personal mobility

• As on 31st March, 2020, the total number of employees on the Company’s payroll stood at 479

• Management remuneration seemed reasonable, with CMD being paid 1.42cr and CFO 59.64L

• RACL Geartech has given guarantee/securities of following amounts for the suppliers of the Company to TATA Capital financial Services Limited and these suppliers are associated with the company for last so many years and they have undertaken to establish additional Job working facility fully dedicated to RACL Geartech Limited:
    a) For Global Engineering Works Limited for an amount of 1.14Cr
    b) For Hariom Engineering Private Limited for an amount of 29L
    c) Diamento precision Parts Private Limited for an amount of 40L

• For FY21, company has projected a modest growth of 3.8%

10 Likes

Thank you for this note🙏🏾

Did they mention any new client win this yr?
Every yr they mention new addtions

1 Like

Hi,
Even I was searching for new client additions in the annual report but could not find any.
The company only mentioned that there was a greater demand of new products among existing clients (for exports), which does make sense because the total revenue increased and so did the % of exports

1 Like

Just a note for everyone, company didn’t avail moratorium which I think a good sign:

Rating upgrade for RACL:

6 Likes

Latest credit rating report provides some good insights https://www.careratings.com/upload/CompanyFiles/PR/RACL%20Geartech%20Limited-09-03-2020.pdf

Disc: Invested in family accounts and PMS clients

16 Likes

Attended Online AGM. Was not able to take notes but few points as below.

1. Operating currently at around 70% capacity and should be running to full capacities by next year.
  2. Strong order book (did not mention the numbers).
  3. One one query, management pointed out that concentration of clients is positive as these are top 2 international players.
  4. Operating in niche space, quality and timely delivery is key which they are proud of.
  5. Capex should be ramped up by year end.
  6. See tractor space as good growth opportunity for growth.

On a personal note, management tone seemed positive.

23 Likes

Disc: not invested

1 Like

The cap of 2 crore is on each shipment. Will it have an effect on small scale exporters like RACL, as their product is gear components which would be exported in batches. I think it may affect the manufactures selling end products (cars/ bikes) like Hyndai, Bajaj or TVS as the product value will be much higher and batch value also in multiples of crores.

1 Like

This is one of those things that might or might not feature in an annual report or quarterly results report. How this will affect the company is best heard straight from the horse’s mouth. Unfortunately, RACL have not had many conference calls.

I have written to their investor relations team asking for clarification and will update the thread if I get clarification from them.

Thanks for sharing this @vikas_sinha

3 Likes

RACL Geartech will not be hit by Cap on MEIS subsidy per Exporter Rs 2 Cr for the period Sep 20 to Dec 20. RACL geartech Export per month is around 12 cr & for 4 months Export value of 48 crore ,considering MEIS of 2%(General rate) , per Exporter Limit of Rs 2 crore will not be breached. Big Exporter of Auto & Auto Ancillary will be hit hard. It will be interesting to see WTO compliant new incentive scheme w.e.f 1st January 2021

4 Likes

Hi

Had this table in my notes on compensation of management for last 5 yrs. Thought to share.

Rgds

10 Likes

Results are out.
37dc616f-8b22-467d-934d-1e31d8029b0d.pdf (6.2 MB)
After a couple of tough quarters it looks like things are getting back on track
Disc: invested

2 Likes

Hi

Thanks. Decent numbers. Just skimmed quickly right now.

Also one point to note is that the leverage has dropped. I think the Debt to Equity should now be below 1. PAT margin has increased to 11%+. Current ratio has also increased.
What is the cash outflow in the Other Non Current Asset line. BS also shows substantial equivalent increase. Any idea?

Rgds

3 Likes

Seems like the OPM has improved. The material cost has come down.

Views on the Related party transactions published on BSE?

RACL RPT.pdf (1.3 MB)

What is the role played by subsidiary in Austria, ? As per last annual report its trade license was yet to be issued.

Hi,
The PLI scheme ( production linked incentive) announced yesterday by government has allocated 15,000 crores for Automobiles and Auto parts manufacturing companies based in India. Companies which are increasing revenue by virtue of increase in production shall be benefited by this. Think this will help RACL in the long run, if they can steadily improve revenue.
There was a rally in Dixon technologies & Amber when such scheme was announced for electronic manufacturing and mobile manufacturing

1 Like

RACL Geartech Limited has achieved record Monthly Sales in the history of the Company, in the month of November, 2020 through better resource management and capacity utilisation. The Monthly Sales amounted to INR 22.27 Crores out of which INR 15.48 Crores attributed to Export Sales. The Company has also bagged some new Export orders.

Disc: Invested, Full PF here

18 Likes

Hi @sahil_vi,
RACL Shares are on a roll today… :grinning:

Between , I haven’t seen any disclosures like this before - About record monthly sales!

I have gone through listing regulations 30 and the closest one which management could be referring might be below one:

Is it normal for a company to disclose sales figures before quarterly results?

I assume that management is fed up with rangebound movement in stock prices and wanted to give it a boost( wild guess !) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Disclosure: I own RACL shares

3 Likes

Interesting observation, even I was confused as to why would the management do such a thing in the middle of a quarter.
But I saw a similar notice in the case of Atul Auto https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/830d0240-0759-4841-8f96-4ffb8714079f.pdf
(I don’t follow Atul Auto but the figures don’t look something to be proud of, please correct me if I’m wrong)

Disclosure: Invested in RACL and added more today

1 Like

Yes
Many companies hv strated doing these updates
Esp.BFSI and Auto.companies
No harm in disclosing more… they.are not sharing earnings… sales update is widely accepted