Puneeth's Portfolio(Growing Alpha)

A minor update here.
Markets have favored smallcap momentum over the past couple of weeks.

My PF CNXSMCALLCAP NIFTY50
18.96% -17.19% -5.68%

pf performance from OCT 20th 2021 is as follows -

Portfolio -

Companies Weightage Cost Gain%
Krsnaa 34% 605.3 -18.2%
Cash 77.2% N/A
Sandhar 4.2% 232 2.58%
BDL 10.5% 895 3%

Numbers will add up to >100% as booked profits of the year is not considered as capital employed.

On friday most of my SLs got hit leading to a balooned cash position. Market is at an interesting juncture, friday may have been a reversal signal to a bearish market or we may have short term bounce. Instead of paying attention to broad market I will pay more attention to individual stocks and see how they’re setting up. Nothing new in terms of process.

2 Likes

This one will be a quick update, next sunday I will make a comprehensive list of errors and winners. Just an update this week.

Above is a IRR graph created in yahoo finance(I adjust the cash levels and positions daily). ^GSPC is the S&P 500, closing in on my highs.

My PF CNXSMCALLCAP NIFTY50
18.94% -19.1% -6.83%

All broad market indices crashed this week, largely saved myself due to very tight SLs and Rohl ltd.

Companies Weightage Cost Gain%
Krsnaa 34% 605.3 -18.2%
Cash 59.3% N/A
Sandhar 4.2% 232 2.58%
Rohl 12.8% 255.8 14.86%
VrlLog 12.5% 654 1.96

Numbers will add up to >100% as booked profits of the year is not considered as capital employed.
Weightage is on cost basis.

SLs are the only reason for portfolio not crashing, may continue to be beneficial as we may be seeing a short term crunch in the nifty(weak nifty and cnxsmallcap). Will look out for strong businesses and relative strength. Current momentum watchlist has some 50 names or so. Slowly weak ones will be filtered out.

26-09-22 edit - Pf dropped 1.87%. Two SLs hit. Rohl and Vrl. Cash bulked to 85% of capital employed. As I said, keeping cash on weak broad markets let me fall < or = to the market. From now will slowly begin deploying cash.

1 Like