PI Industries - Superior Business Model

4000 crore run rate and the market size is 30,000-35,000 crore. 9% market share almost

9 Likes

Launch of new product - DISTRUPTOR, a pesticide against brown planthopper (BPH) in rice crop and cater Domestic market.

DISTRUPTOR is a unique & innovative offering which will effectively prevent BPH in rice crop. DISTRUPTOR works with latest innovative XP technology. It works by Contact, Systemic & Translaminar action giving excellent prevention of BPH. As a result of this long duration control of BPH is observed along with healthy tillers.

Currently Syngenta, Dhanuka are the some notable companies which makes this insecticide.
PI industries “Osheen” and Bayer’s “Confidor” pesticide are also used but those were not exact specific for this BPH.

This is the old 2016 article explains about BPH (BROWN PLANT HOPPER) :

Add/Correct me in case I missed anything.

5 Likes

There have been multiple CFO resignations in the past. Is this a cause for concern?

Disclosure: tracking

1 Like

As per latest concall

4 Likes
2 Likes

Investor Presentation Q4FY22

Could someone please give some insights about this non agchecm ?

Its a direct competition for Natco

10 Likes

FY22Q4 concall notes

• Expect 18-20% revenue growth (mostly from increased volumes)
  • Industry benchmark for fixed asset turns are 1.75x. PI is already doing 2x+ fixed asset turns
  • Higher margins is due to change in product mix
  • Out of 7 new CSM molecules to be commercialized in FY23, 4 are from agchem and 3 from non-agchem
  • Will do 500 cr. CAPEX in FY23
  • Order book has remained stagnant in the last few years (at $1.4bn) because customers have been a little tentative of committing longer term contracts in the current uncertain scenario (and that too in geographies which are far away). Additionally, there has been increased competition from other domestic peers. All this being said, confident to sustain 20-25% growth in this business line for years to come. When PI started with this business line, they wanted a large order book for risk management purposes (which also came at a cost). Now PI has evolved and there is a different level of customer stickiness (where customer wants them as much as they want them)
  • Received 2 9(3) registrations in 2021 and expect 3 9(3) registrations in 2022

Disclosure: Invested (position size here, no transactions in last-30 days)

18 Likes

hi…what is 9(3) registrations?

You can read about it in details at link below. It basically means new molecules being introduced in India for the first time.

https://sistemas.mre.gov.br/kitweb/datafiles/NovaDelhi/en-us/file/Agrochem%20Sectoral%20Report_20032017.pdf#page=25

5 Likes

Hi all…Company Secretary and Compliance Officer resigned on 15th and he was relieved immediately.Saw the resignation letter but it says “for personal reasons” Does anybody have any idea or any news in the market regarding this?

Disc. Invested

3 Likes

I was talking about Naresh Kapoor

AgroPages-PI Industries guides 18-20% revenue growth in FY23-Agricultural news

1 Like

Posting it here as it generic to the Chemical industry. Talks about specialty chemical cos have delivered value and growing in the value chain.

6 Likes

source: twitter

13 Likes

Who is “our” in the last sentence?

1 Like

some people named sales point or something like that. Found this in twitter.someone shared this. couldn’t remember

This may be the trap.
Should not trust and not to post such without source messages.

No the person who posted it is a famous fund manger. And many experienced VP members follow him in Twitter. He mentioned the source of the data. You need to pay high amount to get the export data. It just shows how the institutions have more access to data than retail investors. It’s just that I forgot his name.
Anyway nothing that I post here is a recommendation.

3 Likes