PayTM (One 97 Communications Ltd)

Its Fake news…Adani’s spokeperson denies report of buying into paytm.> Adani Group Denies Media Reports Of Buying Stake In Paytm
and the name is still on UC, i think people just bought the fake news and making beeline ! :woozy_face:

You never know it could be the reaction of decoding the earning call transcript which was released just yesterday.

Management seems confident in their guidance in their transcript.

fa3c56a6-a32b-40e0-bf43-3412e6a2104b.pdf (876.0 KB)

Paytm not denying a possibility of ticketing business sale/partnership with Zomato or any other possible buyer(investor)

I don’t know how to react. From being all in one app to focused business. Actually I like their ticketing business. Let’s see how it pans out.

2 Likes

Actually I liked their ticketing business also from customers/consumers stand point.
I don’t use paytm much for other services.

However, I am hopeful about their venture into insurance distribution, a step they have lately said they will focus on.

Policy bazar market cap is more than paytm at the moment.

So if they address the insurance arm rightly, my sense is it could be a game changer for them.

They may get good valuations if they succeed in insurance arm, that will be added benifit plus there is core business of financial services.

Let’s see, too soon to call anything.
Not sure what’s the valuations they are selling ticketing business at , I heard somewhere it’s deal size of 2000 cr.

If that’s the valuations they are eying, I think that’s not a great sell, if they sell that business at such value.

2 Likes

“The company for me is like a daughter…we were getting mature, going towards full profitability, making free cash and so on. I saw it as a daughter on the way for an important entrance test, but met with an accident, and is in ICU right now,” Sharma said from a personal point of view.

“At a professional level, I would rather say we should have done better, there is no secret about it. We should have understood better…and we had responsibilities, we should have fulfilled, much better way…we learnt the lesson,” he said.

1 Like

Q1 FY25 Earnings release: https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/d4065d63-af00-49a0-b3b7-b4b8921a10b1.pdf

We are awaiting approval for starting onboarding of new UPI consumers

This is news to me that Paytm is yet to have permission to onboard new UPI consumers.

1 Like