Mylu long term Portfolio

SIP done with equal distribution.latest Gain/loss below
CDSL - 91%
Cholamandalam - (-2%)
Indigo - 13%
TCI express - 28%
VGuard - (-15%)

8 Likes

The SIP was started around 2.5 years and finally I have sold off Cholamandalam & VGuard completely.
I also did a partial sell off of CDSL , Indigo , TCI Express.
Overall gain is around 17% .

Current Status
CDSL - 105%
Indigo - 24%
TCI Express - 26%

Thinking of next steps :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Any specific reason for selling Chola at this price? -

Any specific reason behind stopping this? And why did you start with this approach in the first place?

I feel that though company is very good on the business front not happy with the way they handled valli arunachalam episode.

I am not stopping but shifting gears and
experimenting new approach.

On SIP approach the story is available in the start of this thread.

As you invested in CDSL for long term, what are your views on its parent BSE and similar business leaders like CRISIL and CAMS? (Tech driven proxy to finance and somewhat toll bridge type)

Hi mylu,

With Chola, I agree with your assessment on the way this internal family issue is being handled. But usually there are a lot of moving parts in scenarios like this, it’s always prudent to give a longer rope to see if things settle down since you held on to this company for quite a while. I have reentered with a smaller portion when the price was around 200. Also the stock has broke out of the resistance zone of 250 recently and it can rally up to 300. Something to ponder on if you believe in technical analysis.

3 Likes

I didn’t do any analysis on BSE , CRISIL , CAMS.

I see that you have shifted gears!! what’s the new approach now ?

Status quo. The last month portfolio remains.no more investment for now. Will re evaluate if any correction happens.

1 Like

I did some more profit booking and latest is the status

Symbol Portfolio % % Gain
CDSL 18 92
INDIGO 39 49
TCIEXP 43 42
9 Likes

Sir, could you throw some light on experimenting new investment approach please.

Sold off pending stocks completely …Not comfortable with the way stocks are going up.

2 Likes

Need to work out new approach . Currently booked profit on the portfolio stocks.

8 Likes

Hi, what’s your view on cDSL now?

The market share is constantly going up with more robinhood investors opening accounts with discount brokers like Zerodha

And an upcoming NSDL IPO could possibly boost cDSL as well

1 Like

Can you post your return ratios (CAGR) here? Interested to know, as you had a unique investment style and strategy.

1 Like

@mylu
I’m a big fan of your investing style… Picking a handful of companies and SIPing on them monthly with equal amount.

Have you got back on to the market or waiting for the market to cool off?

1 Like