Hi ValuePickrs !
Belated Diwali greetings to all of you.
I come from non finance, non business and non tech back ground. I used screener for almost a year but never knew it comes from same family of ValuePickr. I am very new to investing in stocks and I find all financial formulas, ratios, graphs, macro-economic and political factors to be bit difficult. Having said that I have learnt few basic concepts of EPS growth, PE, PEG, ROE & CAGR from Investopedia( Its Like Wikipedia for finance). Few of my friends suggested Motilal WC study and after cursory reading I realized that above basic formulas are very important and basic. I have invested a small capital in 10 stocks in October 1st/2nd week and want to share my portfolio with you all for criticism and feedback. Thanks in advance !!!
Overall Rationale of investing
- 15% return on average. Approx doubling every 5 years.
- Max loss absorbing ability (30%).
- Limited no of stocks- max 10 as tracking, gaining knowledge is impossible for me
- Select a common set of (known names, past winners, present bargains, good outlook, and good ratios). Ideally all together but should have most of them
- Max 10 stock portfolio- any new addition will be after exiting one of them
- Holding period- min 1 year or -20% whichever comes earlier. Max- as long as growing