Microcap momentum portfolio

@Nitinsai I would like to invested always. However, there are many people who feel that momentum investing could be risky. That is where I suggested we could use 50DMA and 200DMA as signals.

Two things can be done.

1. When the crossing happens, ie 50DMA crosses 200DMA from above, one could move part of the pf into cash or gold. In both cases, there are ETFs available like Liquidbees (or Liquidcase) / Goldbees so that cash is not withdrawn.

2.When the trend continues and 50DAM remains below 200DMA for couple of weeks, one could shift the pf completely.

This will ensure that we do not move prematurely when the trend is moving up and down.

Start investing back when 50DMA crosses 200DMA from bottom.

This is just a suggestion from my side.

1 Like

@Anand_Jain I don’t follow news of individual stocks. If the price changes in a way that the system suggests some exit / entry, it will happen automatically during the next rebalance.

1 Like

I am new ro investing although I have few KPI green, how I can plan my exit.
Although my goal to hold for next couple of years atleast.

If you are a fundamental investor, check if there are any changes in the rationale behind your investment. If there is no change, you can hold.

If you are a technical investor, please check if your exit signals have been hit. If yes, you should exit.

If you are a momentum investor, follow the system and listen to what it says.

2 Likes

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your humble reply.
Below r my 20 stock in small cap, pls review (75% for 6 months)

• ANANDRATHI
  • COCHINSHIP
  • EIHOTEL
  • HFCL
  • HINDCOPPER
  • HUDCO
  • IBULSFIN
  • IDFC
  • IEX
  • INOXWIND
  • IOB
  • IRB
  • MEDANTA
  • MOTILALOFS
  • MRPL
  • POWERINDIA
  • SCHNEIDER
  • SIGNATURE
  • SOBHA
  • SWSOLAR
    I am also planning to make similar sheet for below 200 MA for reversal based on momentum & 52 week high, please advise if you have any comments or guidance :pray:
    I have no words to say thanks to you.
    You are very noble person with great heart.
    God bless you forever :pray: :heart:

Thanks & Regards,
Nitin Desai

Thanks. Just curious to know which out of these you plan for 6 months? I too hold 7 out of these. Thanks.

@Nitinsai Thank you for your kind words. I am very happy that you have created a list for your investment.

With 75% weightage for 6 months, my sheet produces a slightly different list.

• ANANDRATHI
  • ARE&M*
  • COCHINSHIP
  • EIHOTEL
  • EXIDEIND*
  • HBLPOWER*
  • HINDCOPPER
  • HUDCO
  • INOXWIND*
  • JAIBALAJI*
  • KPIL*
  • MEDANTA
  • MOTILALOFS
  • MRPL
  • NATIONALUM*
  • POWERINDIA
  • SCHNEIDER
  • SIGNATURE
  • SOBHA
  • SWSOLAR

There are about 6 stocks that are present in my list that are not present in yours. You may want to recheck.

HFCL ranks very low in my chart.
Same for IBULSFIN, IDFC or IEX. Please check how these came into your momentum screen.

IRB - 6 months is just outside our selection.

As of today, 50 DMA > 200 DMA; hence we have no issues.

Last suggestion, you might want to put this message in the thread on smallcap momentum portfolio (instead of this microcap momentum pf).

@Nitinsai Sir,
How did you find stocks, I want to know the criteria or some screener.

Thank you Sir for your guidance🙏
I will check my sheet & update you about my mistake.
Hope I am not missing something, better I will watch your video again :blush:

Thanks & Regards,
Nitin Desai

Dear Sir,

Please give through both videos provided by Mr. Viswanthan, he has done great job by explaining step by step process.
Big thanks to Viswanthan Sir for such a noble work & hard work.

Thanks & Regards,
Nitin Desai

1 Like

@Nitinsai As I said, please recheck because there are some very lowly ranked stocks like HFCL, IBULSFIN, IDFC or IEX are present in your list.
Some stocks that are really moving like ARE&M, EXIDE, HBLPOWER, KPIL are not in your list.

@visuarchie sir, sorry I’m new here, I keep checking the update for entry this week (both in the Microcap & Smallcap threads). Kindly let us know if there’s any issue.

@hughes No issue. Was wondering if people were really interested in my update. I had uploaded my specimen Google Sheet and in the video, I had explained the procedure also. Hence, I thought people would be able to do this themselves and my updates were not required.

1 Like

sir, if it’s not too much of a hassle, kindly post the weekly update.

many ppl not part of this forum follow these 2 threads ardently, as they can blindly execute the in & out of the stocks mentioned, without having the understanding of the underlying mechanisms.

Hi @visuarchie Sir,
I have followed the video and got below stocks for this week, can you please verify.

ACE
ANANDRATHI
CHALET
COCHINSHIP
EIHOTEL
EXIDEIND
HBLPOWER
HINDCOPPER
HUDCO
INOXWIND
JAIBALAJI
KPIL
MEDANTA
MOTILALOFS
MRPL
NATIONALUM
POWERINDIA
SCHNEIDER
SIGNATURE
SOBHA

I have little doubt for my 12 months calculations, I took 28/04/2023 date as a closet date for 6th May 2024 calculations

@visuarchie
Vishwanath…sorry for barging in, just trying to be an assistant at replying, certainly no guru, far from being expert.(my overall experience is lesser compared to you & my equity investment experience is ~2 yr )

We would love to see your updates so that many of us know where the improvements are needed…if you wont mind !

Anand…if u look up, he has given a list, the diff looks like yellow highlight.

@hughes No hassle for me to share my work.

I am worried about what you wrote after that. I am not an investment advisor. I am just sharing my study. Please remember this at all times.

4 Likes

@Anand_Jain I will upload my list in the appropriate thread in a short while. This thread is for microcap. You can check it out in the other thread.

1 Like

@LarryWink Thanks for your effort.

This was a special list based on a weightage of 75% that one of the gentlemen had given for 6 months performance. I will upload in the appropriate thread for 50:50%.

1 Like

Update for entry on 06th May 2024

50DMA (19918) > 200 DMA (17712); hence, we can continue without any change.

Based on ranking:

1. KPIGREEN
  2. ELECTCAST
  3. PURVA
  4. KESORAMIND
  5. CHOICEIN
  6. KIRLOSENG
  7. NEWGEN
  8. TECHNOE
  9. WOCKPHARMA
  10. NEULANDLAB
  11. IFCI
  12. ZENTEC
  13. STAR
  14. VOLTAMP
  15. TIMETECHNO
  16. NETWEB
  17. ARVIND
  18. ANANTRAJ
  19. ITDCEM
  20. BASF
  21. SANGHVIMOV
  22. TARC
  23. IMFA
  24. DHANUKA
  25. GANESHHOUC

Based on A → Z for easy tracking:

• ANANTRAJ
  • ARVIND
  • BASF*
  • CHOICEIN
  • DHANUKA*
  • ELECTCAST
  • GANESHHOUC*
  • IFCI
  • IMFA
  • ITDCEM
  • KESORAMIND
  • KIRLOSENG
  • KPIGREEN
  • NETWEB*
  • NEULANDLAB
  • NEWGEN*
  • PURVA
  • SANGHVIMOV
  • STAR
  • TARC
  • TECHNOE
  • TIMETECHNO
  • VOLTAMP
  • WOCKPHARMA
  • ZENTEC

Exits:
GULFOILLUB and THOMASCOOK make an exit.
JPPOWER, MSTCLTD and WABAG stay within the top 30 and hence remain.

Entry:
NETWEB and NEWGEN make any entry.
BASF, DHANUKA and GANESHHOUC cannot enter as there is no vacancy.

1 Like