Microcap momentum portfolio

@LarryWink I had shared my worksheet and at regular intervals explained how I go about updating the sheet on a weekly basis. Did not think a video was required.

However, if it is going to help, I am happy to do a webinar and do a live update so that people can follow. For me, even if one person finds it useful, it is fine for me.

I have never done a webinar before. If someone can help set it up, I am fine to do this. Can be on a Sunday morning.

@vishweshwar_kadiyala Please see my previous reply on webinar to run this process live.

It can be automated. I know of one person @tjkambow who has done this. He can clarify how he has done this. My way of doing this in a step by step method is good for me so that I can track every move so that I don’t make many errors.

Hey @visuarchie, even without factoring in brokerage fees, considering this is a momentum portfolio, it inherently involves frequent shuffling. Have you estimated the impact of Securities Transaction Tax (STT) and other charges, which typically amount to around 0.5% of the buy/sell transactions? If you have numbers, can you throw some light as percentage of pf and profits.

@csteja Late last year someone asked me this question. Instead of just using the buy / sell values, I took the numbers in the broker contracts and redid the entire calculation.

The difference was very small. Over a one year of transaction, the difference is XIRR was about a 1% in value obtained of 130%.

I have not done any calculation recently, but I expect it to be of the order of 1% in the overall result.

2 Likes

@R_Sawkar was very kind in setting up a webinar at 9.45am on Sunday, 21st April. Please find below the link.

https://us05web.zoom.us/j/4988818971?pwd=bIylCFYwZ9tqcUPA7QYBbQYQDVWO5L.1

Interested people can join.

10 Likes

Thank you. That’s great. If the organiser and you are fine, record it. The timing do not duit me, but like to watch it if possible later.

@visuarchie @R_Sawkar.
This indeed is a nice initiative…if its a free account zoom call…i think the time will be limited to 40-45 minutes…u’ll have to complete within that time frame just in case.
The recording of the webinar and sharing its link… is Another very good and very convenient idea…That way anyone can repeat…someone like me can keep repeating.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

@LarryWink Please do not create a hype; you will disappoint others as well.

3 Likes

Thanks to @R_Sawkar for having organised the webinar. Link for the first video given below.

7 Likes

Link to the second video.

7 Likes

Link to the spreadsheet we used during our discussions this morning.

3 Likes

Update for entry on 22nd April 2024

50DMA (19833) > 200DMA (17372), hence we continue without any change.

Based on ranking:

1. KPIGREEN
  2. ELECTCAST
  3. VOLTAMP
  4. KESORAMIND
  5. PURVA
  6. WOCKPHARMA
  7. SANGHVIMOV
  8. NEULANDLAB
  9. CHOICEIN
  10. STAR
  11. ARVIND
  12. TECHNOE
  13. TARC
  14. TIMETECHNO
  15. ITDCEM
  16. GULFOILLUB
  17. WABAG
  18. IFCI
  19. ANANTRAJ
  20. ZENTEC
  21. ASTRAMICRO
  22. THOMASCOOK
  23. MSTCLTD
  24. JPPOWER
  25. KIRLOSENG

Based on A → Z for easy tracking:

• ANANTRAJ
  • ARVIND
  • ASTRAMICRO
  • CHOICEIN
  • ELECTCAST
  • GULFOILLUB
  • IFCI
  • ITDCEM
  • JPPOWER
  • KESORAMIND
  • KIRLOSENG
  • KPIGREEN
  • MSTCLTD
  • NEULANDLAB
  • PURVA
  • SANGHVIMOV
  • STAR
  • TARC
  • TECHNOE
  • THOMASCOOK
  • TIMETECHNO
  • VOLTAMP
  • WABAG
  • WOCKPHARMA
  • ZENTEC

Exits:
NEWGEN exits.
IMFA and TVSHLTD stay within the top 30 and hence remain.

Entry:
TECHNOE enters.
ASTRAMICRO and THOMASCOOK cannot enter as there is no vacancy.

3 Likes

Could you please outline the potential risks associated with running the analysis over a one-month period? Is this duration too short to be sufficiently considered? I’d appreciate hearing your insights on this matter.

There is literature to say that 3m or lower is actually not very beneficial. It is too short a period and even one sudden spurt might bring a stock in our radar. The stock might just collapse after that.

The most optimum period identified is between 6m and 1y. This is the look back we are also following.

3 Likes

There’s a difference between momentum trading and investing, in this handle we are concentrating on later, the thing which are referring is present almost in all screeners with key operating word as momentum.
Thank you, for raising the basic question which should clear doubts of many.

1 Like

Sir, gone through it, and videos, but not getting understood on certain points, though you were very good, request one more session if you are comfortable please. Thank you sir.

1 Like

@Sujata It was suggested that we can another call some weeks later so that people have a chance to see the video and study the document.

Therefore, if you tell me what you have not been able to understand, I can try and provide answers.

4 Likes

Update for entry on 29th April 2024

50DMA (19840) > 200DMA (17562); hence we can continue without any change.

Based on ranking:

1. KPIGREEN
  2. ELECTCAST
  3. KESORAMIND
  4. PURVA
  5. WOCKPHARMA
  6. VOLTAMP
  7. CHOICEIN
  8. KIRLOSENG
  9. SANGHVIMOV
  10. WABAG
  11. STAR
  12. TECHNOE
  13. ARVIND
  14. TARC
  15. IFCI
  16. TIMETECHNO
  17. ITDCEM
  18. NEULANDLAB
  19. ANANTRAJ
  20. ZENTEC
  21. THOMASCOOK
  22. NETWEB
  23. JPPOWER
  24. GULFOILLUB
  25. IMFA

Based on A → Z for easy tracking:

• ANANTRAJ
  • ARVIND
  • CHOICEIN
  • ELECTCAST
  • GULFOILLUB
  • IFCI
  • IMFA
  • ITDCEM
  • JPPOWER
  • KESORAMIND
  • KIRLOSENG
  • KPIGREEN
  • NETWEB*
  • NEULANDLAB
  • PURVA
  • SANGHVIMOV
  • STAR
  • TARC
  • TECHNOE
  • THOMASCOOK*
  • TIMETECHNO
  • VOLTAMP
  • WABAG
  • WOCKPHARMA
  • ZENTEC

Exits:
TVSHLTD makes an exit.
MSTCLTD stays within the top 30 and hence remains.

Entry:
THOMASCOOK makes an entry.
NETWEB cannot enter as there is no vacancy.

3 Likes

Vishvanath ji,

Thanks for sharing excellent strategy in both microcap & midcap and also you shared each and every small point behind ur calculations & logics…really great support to all :pray::pray::pray:
Just small question this you might have explained earlier but i might have missed as i not gone through all threads.
How to handle the strategy when 50 MA will be below 200MA

2 Likes

Why KPI green is falling for last 2 days., didn’t find anything significant.
Any thing to worry about? @visuarchie