Marksans Pharma- Can it be the next Pharma Biggie?

Its not in any presentation, I remember Mark mentioning this in Q2 Concall.
Thanks

see investor presentation above. open it and go for page no 31. Topic—In Organic growth --manangemnt has indicated acqusition of manufracting units.and marketing licences…
They also mentioned same in conf. call.
I hope it will clear your doubts…

1 Like

Company is reporting Rs 320 crore of cash. I presume some of it may have come from the issue of warrants to Orbimed and promoter group.

Even with elevated costs of raw material, fuel and logistics, company is still reporting 16% EBITDA margins and generating positive FCF. Surplus is being invested in backward integration and expansion of its Navi Mumbai facility.

With current balance sheet company can comfortably look at acquisition of 150-200 crore which can support next level of growth.

Not invested but tracking the company for last two quarters.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing out in presentation but i consider it general statement like we have plans to do this and that until you come will clear cut timeline. This is just a politician word until or unless some specific details of using excess cash lying in balance sheet is shared with investor community.May be Mr. Saldanah is waiting for some other opporunity to disclose the plan. God knows what is going in promoters minds.

Hi, in this concall, the CFO did mention they’ve hired R&D employees for the backward integration - for developing API molecules. That should explain the higher employee costs. Also they stated that the R&D expenditure will go upto 5% of revenue within the next 2-3 years for sure.

90 crores has been collected from Orbimed as premiums for the warrants. But nothing has been used till now and it’s been over 9 months since they received the cash.
The warrants were issued at a price of Rs. 75. The company should certainly proceed with a buyback to support the share prices.

1 Like

Dollar is appreciating continously. Present rate is 77.04 rupees per dollar. At 1 Jan it is at 74.51rupees per dollar.This is important because most of the businees Marksans makes comes due to export. May be rise in dollar can counter the raw material and logistics cost. Eagerly waiting for quaterly results and added in small tranches at 44.

3 Likes

Major investment by marksans in MP.

4 Likes

Expecting to hear some positive developments from Mark and his team about this news in upcoming Qtr result report and hopefully in concall.

Acquisition News

1 Like

Sharp increase in Revenues indicate good demand of products in market. Dividend of 0.25 ₹ per share is announced.One thing which I am unable to understand is the reason of sharp increase (5 crore )in other expenses as compare to previous quarter which have majorly dented the PAT of this quarter?

1 Like

http://marksanspharma.com/pdf/investors-meet-transcript/Q4FY22-earnings-call-transcript.pdf

1 Like

Marksan announces buy back of shares

1 Like

https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/fac05a62-40de-4f33-b55a-d6d9443f894e.pdf https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/fac05a62-40de-4f33-b55a-d6d9443f894e.pdf

Buyback of 60 crores at share price of 60 rupees from open market route.

1 Like

They are buying only 1 crore share from open market. This process will take atleast 6 months. So huge manipulation will be done by their appointed brokers. This is a set back to retail investors of Marksans. Seems Mark is still not ready to learn and willing to share the benefits with retail investors.

Been stuck in it from 2013. Sad day for investors. :frowning:

1 Like

Can you pls elaborate what kind of manipulation be done in this case ?

There appointed brokers will bring the price down to somewhere in the region of 35-40 and then the company will buy. Would have been beneficial to the shareholders had they restricted it to tendering of share by existing shareholders.

3 Likes

Hello sir,
What you’re saying is true - the average price of buyback today was around Rs. 48.72 only, whereas the maximum offer priced was Rs. 60.
If 48.72 is the buyback price I could’ve just sold it at the MP right now (Rs. 49.5) and made more money.

Could you please elaborate what exactly you read in the Buy Back document in order to realise that this was some sort of a manipulation? It will help me as an investor in the future. Thanks!

Can you share more details on what happened in 2013?

I am invested in Marksans Pharma - and interested to know how seasoned investors see the buyback offer by Marksans.

1 Like