Manappuram Finance

Not much significant,not even 0.1 %

I am not sure these stream of news story updates are that useful. I understand you are invested and I hope it does well, but you seem to be looking at this only with a rose-tinted lens. It will be helpful if you can also highlight what are the things to watch out for.

I had invested earlier at lower levels and exited when it went up. I didn’t really find a good reason to hold on at 180-190 levels. Will the Aasirvad IPO (not sure when it’s finally happening) make a difference to the stock? What’s the rationale?

Munger at it’s best … no doubt projections are always at risk of going wrong.

I was going through the concall of Muthoot … where management guided 15% growth but delivered 20%, whereas Manappuram guided 20% and delivered approx. 19%.

No wonder, Muthoot command double the premium vs Manappuram.

Overall quantity bought is 3,50,000 shares (worth approx. Rs. 6 Crores) which seems (for me as an individual) to be a peanuts considering the worth of Mr. Nandakumar.

Consider it from a point, a promoter earning handsome salary from listed company, earning approx. 75 Crores in dividend per year but reinvest just a fraction in his own company (where his family own 35%).

Reason → Either he don’t think, company is under-valued; or he is finding better opportunities to reinvest his earnings; or he is leveraged where most of the earnings are used to service personal debt.

Last time Mr. Nandakumar bought from Market in September 2022.

Note: I reinvest entire dividend back in Manappuram.

1 Like

there wont be much difference as manappuram will be a holding company when the aasirvad grows may be it will be reflected in the manappuram stock but as of now this is a long term bet maybe more than 3-5 years

1 Like

Muthoot is a much larger company almost double the AUM with more customer centric focus and more assets per branch so lesser compared to overall AUM % wise more aggressive marketing they are opening more gold branches 150 per year ,what works best for manappuramis microfinance as they have extended it to only some of the branches 20 % only right now i believe so execution is the key if not this they should grow gold loans

as the promoter buying i see it as positive i don’t have reasons why a promoter should invest fully back in the company

valuation is attractive though

invested though

What is holding manappuram in recent rally post election results? I think holding corporation issue creates obstacles after Asirvad listing. I don’t know why prompter want to go for holding corporation route for Asirvad listing. Is it makes better control over newly formed company? Any experience person can share his/ her views on this.

Gold loan NBFCs shine, Muthoot more than Manappuram Gold loan NBFCs shine, Muthoot more than Manappuram | Stock Market News

3 Likes

Dear All,.

My book on what’s happening to the US Dollar and hence Gold prices - https://bit.ly/3z4ITqR

Forewords to the book has been written by two renowned investors / economists - Dr.Marc Faber and Doug Casey. Snippets are included in the back cover of the book.

If the moderator feels appropriate, the book may kindly be shared in other stock groups as well.

Thanks,

3 Likes

Hello

I am sharing my calculations for manappuram and Asirwad,

I have been very considerable in my calculations and exits.

Risks -
There was a steep rise in GNPA QoQ in asirwad and in Q4 they took about 150 crs and in FY24 460 crs of impairments and provisions , even after this their NNPA is at 1.7 % - compared to other MFI the number is on the higher side.

If the Credit costs increase then it can impact the profitability of the company and my calculations

Happy Investing To All
Views are Welcome
Disc - Invested

Ashirvad will not delt much as they can go for ipo in august

What about holding company discount for manappuram? My understanding is that asirvad ipo is not going to be full value unlocking for manappuram as holding company discount will always be there. Correct me if am wrong

We are targeting an AUM growth of 20 per cent in MAFIL (Manappuram Finance Ltd) book

1 Like