Manappuram Finance

1,00,000 crore i.e. 25% of the loan book is in micro finance.
Fusion microfinance, another recently listed co with 10,000 cr of AUM gets a valuation of 5,000 crore.

~10000 cr.
figure is in million

3 Likes

Getting a nod for IPO is a big positive in view of regulatory hammering going on banks and nbfc like iifl

4 Likes

Rajeev Agrawal from
Doordarshi India dedicated fund

is Bullish on Manappuram

Financials can do quiet well in India

In India credit opportunity is huge

Indian equities have long runway

Recently presented Manappuram finance at Asian investing summit

Manappuram finance is pretty intersting

———————————

I feel slowly and steadily people are realising the potential of Manappuram finance growing at 20% and still available at single digit PE
Last year PE was around 4-5
Now it’s 7-8

6 Likes

Hi Maheshkumar,

Thanks for the share. Upon reviewing the book value of the company, I noted it to be approximately 1.6 times. Considering the nature of the business being in lending, I though that the price-to-book ratio would offer a clearer insight compared to the price-to-earnings ratio. Basis the current fig, it appears that the company is positioned on the higher end of valuation. However, I acknowledge the possibility of error in my assessment and would appreciate your insights on the matter.

2 Likes

The market values it based on book value because it’s a financial stock. However, I lean towards valuing it based on price-to-earnings ratio because as earnings rise, the price-to-earning ratio will decline more but book value won’t increase proportionally.
Manappuram stands out in this regard and may trade at 10 -15 PE

2 Likes

Whether we will get some shares of Asirvad during its IPO or we need to buy in IPO as shareholder of manappuram? What is scheme of arrangement?

Asirvad operates as a fully-owned subsidiary of MF. In my view, shareholders of Mannapuram Finance might not receive any shares from the IPO listing since it is not a demerger. Nevertheless, if you’re interested in the microfinance sector, you could consider applying for the IPO or acquiring shares from the open market. Please feel free to correct me if I’m mistaken

Disclosure: I have invested.

1 Like

How about the shareholder category discount for Manappuram shareholders? Do we come to know this only during RHP submission?

General information of current state of affairs. Applies to NBFCs Mannapuram & Muthoot.

4 Likes

If Asirvad goes public, will Manappuram shares be discounted due to holding company discount?

Knee jerk reaction by market
Post rbi news
I feel may be tiny effect ,as those who want cash may go to non organised sector but they the interst rate is higher with non organised sector

Good opportunity for both short term and long term investors

https://www.business-standard.com/markets/news/muthoot-manappuram-finance-tank-up-to-9-on-rbi-s-cash-disbursal-advisory-124050900247_1.html

Disc
Invested and added today

5 Likes

I think so too because in the larger scheme of things, Manappuram will benefit as this change effectively means that businesses that already have been adopting to technology quickly (like Manappuram) will be more compliant and also gain more of the organized business faster. Also, compared to Muthoot, Manappuram has lower % of cash loans. So all in all, there could be some uncertainty in the short term but the long term story is intact and I will add more during this fall as I did during the ED crisis.

Note - Invested in Manappuram and biased. Not a BUY/SELL recco as I am a still learning how the stock markets work :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Manappuram-Finance-Ltd—NBIE-Investor-Conference-Update—18-February-2024.pdf (744.5 KB)
good read

1 Like
3 Likes