Manappuram Finance

VP NANDKUMAR
Expecting reasonable gold growth in quarter 4
Ashirwad Microfinance IPO expectation march /april
Overall 18-20% growth expectations
Non gold 30% growth expectations
Gold 8-10% annual expectation

—————
I feel if such growth continues 10% gold and 30% non gold then in 6-7 years non gold profit will be more than gold loan profit

6 Likes

Asirvad IPO may come in Mid-March to early April

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Interested in hearing your insight on Manappuram:

1. Can Manappuram sustain growth in gold loans amidst increasing competition?
  2. Will they uphold asset quality as their non-gold portfolio expand rapidly?
  3. Given the operational intensity of gold loans, can competitors keep up, or will they go away gradually?
  4. Management claim that two-thirds of gold loans are still held by unorganized players, suggesting ample room for growth. How accurate is this ?
  5. Will the RBI permit further branch openings and approve their IPO?
  6. where will gold price go from here 1500-2000 dollars or 2000-2500 dollars
  7. can digitalisation and AI take over their business
  8. can non gold loan profit cross gold loan profit as they are growing fast and profits are high
  9. when can we consider it as a well diversified company

The market has numerous doubts , hence Manappuram’s valuations are appealing and undervalued.
Manappuram has proved itself consistently navigated through turbulent times.( demonitsation ,covid ,fluctuating gold prices ,ED raid )
Also they are the first one before muthoot to diversify in non gold aggressively ,later muthoot realised its importance and now they are also trying

8 Likes

https://www.crisil.com/mnt/winshare/Ratings/RatingList/RatingDocs/ManappuramFinanceLimited_February%2023,%202024_RR_337880.html

High gold prices will help manappuram in 2024

https://indianexpress.com/article/business/banking-and-finance/rbi-bars-iifl-finance-from-sanctioning-disbursing-gold-loans-9195764/
Manappuram will get an edge post ban on iifl

2 Likes

https://www.business-standard.com/companies/news/rbi-bars-iifl-finance-from-sanctioning-and-disbursing-gold-loans-124030400869_1.html

can manapuram become number 2 again?
Highly probable
How will this affect the industry?
Players might become alert good for people who follow the rules
Is the industry so diluted that no single player will make gains from this ?
Most likely
Is our company following compliance?
Hope so
Give me your opinion

1 Like

I think Manappuram can become no.2 but the customer base served by both IIFL and Manappuram is different

1 Like

I believe Manappuram has largely stayed rational when it comes to LTV and that was one of the reasons they lost material market share to IIFL.
The only time in recent tear where Manappuram did go aggressive was back in 2022 mid when there was some dip in gold prices and they decided to auction a higher portion of gold which led some customers away from doing repeated loans with Manappuram.

I think, ban on IIFL is a big positive for the incumbents and between Manappuram and Muthoot, whoever is a little aggressive here can quickly gain market share.

5 Likes

It appears that the RBI is intensifying its scrutiny of NBFCs. IIFL has suffered losses in the gold sector, while JM has been affected in IPO financing. This crackdown benefits ethical companies, preventing them from losing market share to those engaging in unethical practices, such as extending loans beyond eligibility criteria, which can lead to market dominance.
Looks like IIFL was giving more loan on less gold

8 Likes

From highs of 199 yesterday to low of 169 right now - is this not fishy? Just in fear of scrutiny, this would be an overreaction.

Anyone has an updated view? Seems like a good buying opportunity otherwise

Jm financials is restricted for ipo financing .

And JM financial is the prime merchant banker of aashirwad microfinance. Subsidiary of manappuram.

Well, Just News impact i guess it should be… Ter is No Change in respective to financials or valuations perspective for long term.

3 Likes

https://www.ndtvprofit.comgold-loans-valuations-turn-attractive-for-both-muthoot-manappuram-finance-icici-securities/

ICICI positive report on both muthoot and Manappuram

I feel Gold at high and IIFL at low ,Manappuram and muthoot will have a edge in coming quarters

3 Likes

It sure isnt an easy business - fraud of 5.5cr - keeping the loan repayments to themselves and taking the gold jewellery to take loans on it again - was going on for more than a year - audit processes are a bit questionable

Disc - Invested

4 Likes
1 Like

Near term triggers
Gold price going up
IIFL down
Indian growth story
Awaiting branch expansion approval
Awaiting ashirwad ipo

Manappuram PE8
Muthoot PE 16
Manappuram valuations almost half while expected growth is more than muthoot ,more diversified than muthoot
Looks like sooner or later Manappuram valuations will catch up with muthoot

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1DXGyjOMBzNJM

Sentiments and prospects looking very positive
Next couple of quarters will be interesting

How long PE of 8 will last in bull run lets see

9 Likes

Asirwad Microfinance IPO gets approval from SEBI: Manappuram Finance stock jumps 5% as unit Asirwad Microfinance gets SEBI nod for IPO

6 Likes

Any idea how the value unlocking works for Manappuram?