Mahindra Logistics

Difference between the domains of a 3PL logistics and Express Logistics is somewhat blurry to me. Following is my understanding. Feel free to correct me.

3PL logistics’ Domain

So, the functioning of a 3PL player stops after delivering finished goods to the retailers, distributors or wholesellers.

Express Logistics’ Domain

• Scenario 1: Croma Retail needs to supply refrigerators to Mumbai warehouse from its Bangalore warehouse (where the 3PL logistics partner of Whirlpool supplied the goods). [B2B]
  • Scenario 2: If you place an order for a good from a non-Amazon seller, they first had to sent that item quickly to Amazon warehouse for checkup & packaging. Express logistics takes care of this transportation. [B2B]
  • Scenario 3: The e-Commerce site then sends the item to customers at express speed, or arrange a reverse pickup for item return or replacement. [B2C]
  • Scenario 4: An individual sends an item to another individual. [C2C]

For TCI Express contribution of Scenario 3 is around 5% and Scenario 4 is negligible.

Edit: I feel that Express Logistics players may also carry out outbound logistics in case no 3PL player is involved with the Manufacturer.

Reference:

Disc: Invested in both TCI Express & Mahindra Logistics.