Long term Monthly Investment Plan

Dear Gurus and all others,

After burning through much of my wealth in Futures, options and world stocks, I am trying to build a cash based holding portfolio for long term possibly and come out of my gambling habits that have caused me much pain and despair.

I have been a silent reader here and also read some books which are highly regarded by all.

I have shortlisted following stocks to pick regularly in a monthly fashion without bothering much about price for long term.

please be generous with your comments suggestions and feedback.

1. Just dial (time will come, have huge info on people, entering new businesses: transaction, ERP)
  2. Take solutions (Pharma good or bad, they must make money as outsourcing guys)
    3 DHFL (liked repco, but that seems more expensive)
  3. Atul Auto (small company, must grow huge, anyways doing 25 percent CAGR)
  4. Granuels Pharma (ran up too much , but still may have steam)

Hi John
My advise would be to study the company’s fundamental or technical before putting hard earned money into it.
After betting big on few stocks, even i have now started to diversify my investment across various companies, thus creating a portfolio of stocks, you may study the same.
Amit Anam

MEP2.xlsx (13.5 KB)

Hi John,

When starting to build a long term portfolio my advice would be to start with 10-15 stocks and trim down as you time passes by. This comes from my personal experience. The arguement is that once having selected stocks, you will always find some stocks not performing to your expectation.

It would be prudent to start with proven names like Asian Paints, HDFC, Gruh and mix that with your personal bets.

Just Dial is a bit of a surprise…I feel it does not have a Moat…its local business being split by other apps such as Zomato, nearbuy, little etc. Also there are alternatives online like Sulekha which do similar kind of job. Plus there is Google who could potentially launch such a product integrated with Google Maps and the entire business model of company would be destroyed.

It is a concept stock but still it is expensive given the fact that the concept is not proven unlike a Page industries or a Jubilant Foodworks kind of story. I would request you to reconsider this choice as many investors may have looked at the fall from 52 week high of 1290 as an opportunity to buy at CMP of 730 but I still do not think it is worth the hype.

HI, Just a comment on following statement you have made. “I have shortlisted following stocks to pick regularly in a monthly fashion without bothering much about price for long term.” My thinking has always been to be value conscious buyer. Make sure you do you valuation for each of these companies and buy only when price is significantly lesser than IV so that you have a good margin of safety.

Many thanks to all for kind words and caution

Regarding Just dial, my thoughts are as follows
1- vs Mani as honest as can be. been in this biz for many years
2- profitable. debt free
3- niche. has data for millions and that is power. like Fb and Google…
4 entering new biz like online bookings and online shopping and erp for business. Each of these can bring a new Billion.
5.- it company : can grow exponentially. look at smartphone shipments and penetration.
6- one stop shop. dont need many apps
7- integration with other vendors like groupon, flipkart
8- Agile and longevity of business

pl feel free for any advic and comments.
I have not gone for cheap stocks and tried to pick companies that r mostly debt free or growing at at least 20 pc with significant rosy future.

I started my investment in 2012 AND 2013
I prepared portfolio of following stocks for 2017.
**Atul auto
**Eicher motors
**TVs motors
**Kscl
**MPs
**CCL PRODUCTS LIMITED
IN 2014 2015 I ADDED FOLLOWING STOCKS FOR 2018.
**WABCO INDIA.
**ASHAPURA INTIMATE
**Moldtek packaging
In 2016 2017 I am adding following shares for 2020.
**Persistent systems.
**Take solution
**STOVEC INDUSTRIES…
**ZENSAR TECHNOLOGY…
IN THIS COURSE I have completely exited in KSCL AT AVERAGE 700 AND MPS.AT 800.
WABCO INDIA IS UNDER MY CONSIDERATION LIST AFTER BOARD APPROVED 4%OF SALES AS ROYALTY TO PARENT COMPANY…LETS SEE HOW NET PM SPANS OUT FOR ANOTHER TWO QUARTERS…
SEEK ADVICE FROM ESTEEM FORUM MEMBERS