Laurus Labs - Can Business Transform to Next Level?

I want some opinion on one particular question that was asked to Dr. Chava in multiple interview (including concal).

“How much of current profit surge can be attributed to covid?”

The answer Dr. Chava gave was that it is irrespective of covid. In the concal, he also went on to say something more. He said that prescriptions are advanced now. Instead of giving prescriptions say for duration in weeks, prescriptions are being given for longer duration to avoid frequent doctor visit. but still the profit surge is not due to covid. The market was already there. I can come up with some combination (say 6 months prescriptions) of the durations were we can show that profits will be lumpy and over 2 quarters or more. We cannot say conclusively until we know what kind of prescription duration we are looking at.

I am going by what Dr Chava has said, since his words have checked out in the past. And if what he says about next 2 quarters holds, then it is undervalued even at current price in plain PE terms even current price.

Let us kindly not stop discussing the company and prospects. Weak hands will always leave. At the end of the day every conversation gives clarity. IMHO, short term market movement one can never predict.

Disclosure: I have fat money in laurus. I don’t plan on selling one bit of it as of this day. Open to exit and not in love with any stock :).

7 Likes