Kitex Garments Limited

kitex is doing so badly quarter on quarter… where is the order inflow with such big manufacturing unit… ? if existing capacity itself is unused…
Disc: frustrated investor :stuck_out_tongue: (since 2015)

2 Likes

From the AGM held on Sep 30th

4 Likes

Hi all,

New to the forum. Just curious. I am seeing discussion on Kitex since 2013 around on the Valupickr forum. However, is not it the case that it is facing stiff competition now from Cos like firstcry in newborn space? In my view, 2013 might have been good time for this Co but is it the same now? or Kitex still have advantage over Firstcry?

1 Like

To the best of my understanding Kitex do not have any direct wholesale or retail presence in India(dont think they sell anywhere in Asia as well other than if any of the brands they sell to decide to sell it in Asia - Koala Babys use to sell Kitex manufactured products via the Toys"R"Us stores even in Bangalore).
Primary market they cater to is the USA, followed by Europe and have limited presence in Australia.

My understanding is that Kitex with its current business model do not compete with companies that cater to Indian/ Asian kids wear market.

AJ
Disclosure: No holdings in Kitex.

3 Likes

Results are good. With YoY turnaround

1 Like

I think March they will kick start their production plant from telegana unit one. Hope topline and bottom will grow 2 to 4x in the next 3 to 5 years… Invested around 170 range with no action till 2027.

Thanks, any sources for above ?

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/hyderabad/kitex-spins-big-t-plans-with-worlds-longest-unit-in-hyd/articleshow/104029199.cms?from=mdr

1 Like

Children’s Place is one of the major clients of Kitex!

https://www.thestreet.com/retail/struggling-clothing-retailer-faces-bankruptcy-cash-crisis

1 Like

Upon reviewing their recent annual reports, it appears that Kitex does not have significant outstanding dues from customers.

Any idea how much is their total sales to Children’s Placa?

1 Like

thats scary … i knew he had local fights with govt but didnt think it can turn so bad to arrest him… no wonder stock steadily falling in past few days… but last results were good … hope this wont be a problem…

1 Like

These are political arguments. Nothing will affect his company. He is running a political party hence he needs to handle his opponents as the situation demands. I think general market valuation was high hence the market was correcting, hence the fall in stock price.

Probably best to wait till more clarity is available before guessing. Assumptions can turn out wrong. Aren’t they also the biggest funders of CPM in Kerala?

As per the interview with Sabu M Jacob - it seems like they gave 25 Crores to Telangana party through Electoral Bonds. It is still kept as Privacy per Law - many companies do that including Bajaj Finance.

Company is having 3-5X Expansions in Telangana & That is what we Investors should focus for.

So no ground on CPM funding - as CPM is biggest troublers for them. (although they paid lower amounts as contributions to all parties including cpm)

2 Likes