Kama Holdings Limited

If one were to guess a discount threshold, we will have to look at similar holding companies in terms of capital allocation (non-core operating activities, how the company is investing it’s dividend yields etc). Bajaj Holdings is one which comes close and the market gives it a discount of 56%. If one was bullish about Kama Holdings to converge to that same discount levels, the marketcap should be inching towards 18k-20k.

Here is a slightly older report that tries to estimate Kama’s discount convergence in bull, bear scenario.

https://www.solidarity.in/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Kama-Holdings-Investment-Thesis-21-Feb-23.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiRqMXMu5eBAxXqT2wGHTHMB5wQFnoECBgQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2Ti7PKkI-sscEk7IDeEYWQ

1 Like

same, I got out too before this jump :frowning:

what would be the credit date for the bonus shares?

1 Like

Kama Bonus.pdf (257.8 KB)

2 Likes

Price has adjusted. How to get the bonus shares in your demat, specifically ICICIDirect?

If you have shares in your demat account as of the record date, the bonus shares will be credited in few weeks (usually 2-3 weeks, after the bonus list of shareholders is verified and approved, and listing of bonus shares confirmed by exchanges). No action is needed from your end.

2 Likes

Last Friday, 15 Dec 2023, the scrip plummeted and saw the second biggest volumes for the year. Couldn’t find any data under bulk/block deals or insider trading on the BSE website, does anyone understand what happened?

Last Friday was the biggest volume.
After the buyback, promoter stake went to 75.15% and they’ve shared in exchange filing that they’d sell in open market. So, I assumed that the sale was done on Friday. But there’s no exchnage filing.
May be they’re yet to sell some quantity and they’ll release an exchange filing after that.

But the volume traded is > 70k, which is a concern.

I’ve added some shares as I found it to be a good opportunity as the Hold Co discount became attractive and also it seems that the chemical cos are bottoming out. Only time will tell

Disc: Biased

5 Likes

@Amnesiac @praveen_potnuru I can’t name it, but an advisory issued a SELL call on Kama holdings. That might be one of the contributors of the Friday volumes.

1 Like

Makes sense. I see these kind of things happen when smallcase update happens. The advisory exit must the reason.

Thanks for sharing the info

SRF is approaching 52 week high and rebounding. Parent company Kama Holdings is not reflecting the value in its price action yet. Kama Holdings alternatively is closer to its 52 weeks low.

Any thoughts on this divergence?

2 Likes

Historically, whenever SRF is uptrend HoldCo discount in Kama has increased & whenever SRF is stagnant or in downtrend ; HoldCo discount has decreased.
Couldn’t get the logic, have back tested for last 9 years this pattern has emerged.

5 Likes

Kama holding sells 172 crore worth of SRF stocks, hope that they distribute this money as a dividend

2 Likes

Another tranche worth ~Rs.30 Cr sold today, taking the total to ~Rs.200 Cr. There are 3.2 cr of total equity shares of Kama. That means each share gets ~Rs.63.
Seems not a big deal, have raised query with them asking for funds utilisation, don’t expect a reply.
sale of shares of subsidary.pdf (308.5 KB)

1 Like

is another buyback on the way? we might need to check that angle. How many % shares of Kama this 200 Cr might be able to buyback?

2 Likes

Promoter holding is at max level of 75%

1 Like

i understand, but many Promoters prefer to do a buyback to avoid taxation, rather than Dividends which will put them at highest tax level. Also they tender at last minute, just enough shares to keep at the 75% limit, based on shares that are tendered by other shareholders.

4 Likes