Justdial may change its trend

Came across the article in ET today.

Full news article download here.

Deal may Trigger Open Offer - The Economic Times - Mumbai, 7_15_2021.pdf (132.4 KB)

Not sure what it means to the outlook for the stock

1 Like

Clarification from the company to exchange with regards to the reliance new item on economic times - https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/6eb4201b-5cf1-49ee-971c-0739adc8ec5a.pdf

No official confirmation from Justdial to the reliance news

It surprises me how even the most authentic news channels and websites report rumours as final news. There should be some accountability on such cases on companies which report such news
There maybe some thing brewing in background but all the news yesterday was as if deal is done and just announcement remains!

1 Like

Just Dial board has approved issue of preferential shares to Reliance Retail ventures for a controlling stake.

Just Dial

Justdial quarterly results December 2022. M.Cap ₹ 4,938 Cr
Sales ⇡39%
Operating profit ⇡421%
Net profit ⇡288%
EPS ⇡285%

Justdial, as I see, was ₹914 in April '22. Now it is ₹ 586.

Calls for a fresh look at it?

Not invested.

The Other Income line item has seen significant jump, does anyone know what it is? and is it just one time factor and hence income should be lowered down for analysis?

Other income is income from bond . They have ~4K Cr in bonds. So, it is contributing to other income.

1 Like

The results were announced yesterday. I’m sharing it here.

And here is the latest Investor Presentation

https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/09cd5f98-0718-4c06-967e-399db3d02a76.pdf

Hope you find it useful.

But this looks relatively cheaply valued considering the growth. Personal Opinion.
Few positive points

• Remember, Reliance manages this.
  • It is much less capital-intensive.
  • Yes. It’s competing with Google. But I think the government will always favour Indian entities more than foreigners.[ Case in point - MapmyIndia Vs Google Maps]
  • PE looks attractive, considering the sales growth.
  • For all ratios [ PE, PB, price to sale, EV/EBITDA], it’s trading below/at ten years mean [ as per screener data]

Please share your views, especially the ANTI-THESIS pointers.

NOT INVESTED as of now.

dr.vikas

Dr Vikas

I am also tracking this stock and my anti thesis for taking a position are as below:

1. 4405 crore of cash on books gives Margin of safety but till date management unable to find a better use resulting in low ROCE and is an overhang on the valuation.
  2. Reliance is a majority holder but have not shown any intent of integrating this subsidiary with their other business. This is biggest concern for me.

Still above are easily manageable and any resolution of above should result in further appreciation.

P.S-Not invested till date but may take position in coming weeks.

2 Likes