ITC: "Will"(s) "Gold Flake" assist "Ashirwad" to win "Bingo!"?

Does anyone have access to the following article please ?

1 Like

I don’t think they are going to see much turn around with this. I was booking ITC Windsor in Bangalore, and I noticiee the “double the joy” offer is more than thrice the price of current rate. Also these credits can’t be used for room rate but only for food, spa etc. So it’s not really a big value and I wonder who would really opt for this. On the other hand, I feel the hotel industry is going to be in doldrum for atleast another 6 months looking at the current rates. (atleast 50% discount to pre covid times on many properties)

5 Likes

Mr. E. A. Sundaram, Executive Director & CIO – Equities, O3 Capital, on 4th December 2020 has presented in CFA webinar about contra investing. He provided good insight about his investment approach and also consider ITC and Bosche as an example in current market for potential contra opportunities. I shall share the link when same being made public.

However, find enclosed some portion of his presentation, which I find very interesting.

Disclosure: My view may be positively biased as ITC is my largest holding. I am not recommending any investment action. I am not SEBI Registered investment advisor.

31 Likes

Saw this filing by itc.
The presentation was made to an ESG Fund.
Notice there is no mention of cigarette anywhere. Looks like FMCG will be the focus in the future

3 Likes

ITC is rated AA by MSCI on ESG, the highest among global tobacco players and better than most Indian FMCG companies. This is backed by its strong credentials; ITC has been carbon positive for 15 years, water positive for 18 years and solid waste recycling positive for 13 years.

5 Likes

It is indeed surprising how suddenly these big giants realize that ITC is ESG top rated when all these initiatives by ITC is decades long. Also, this is more of a surprise as last few years we have been just hearing ESG concerns on ITC. It makes me wonder if any of these articles or statements (positive or negative) makes any sense or just Noise? Views invited. Thanks
Disc: Invested

11 Likes

here is the report 5_6230969026382660231.pdf (8.0 MB)

4 Likes
4 Likes

Another 1000cr brand. Savlon brand may finally be getting the desired backing in India.

Alternatively, the least loved business of ITC is expanding too.

3 Likes

Britannia moves court against ITC, alleges trademark infringement

2 Likes

A few people had talked about the synergy between hotel and other businesses. I visited ITC Maurya (Dum Pukht Restaurant), Delhi today.

1. Each table had a savlon sanitizer.
  2. The hotel had a chocolate boutique experience center for Fabelle.

26 Likes

“The Rs 6,100 crore turnover ITC Paperboards & Specialty Papers Division is foraying into new specialty #papers to replace #plasticpackaging amidst growing #consumer awareness on #climatechange; the consumer response to the Covid pandemic is also helping spur the change,” The New Indian Express reports. Read here: http://bit.ly/37FsWHw
#ITC #Paperboards #EnterpriseofTomorrow

4 Likes

All these increased taxes are just encouraging more smuggling of illegal ciggs…
https://www.tiionline.org/industry-issues/taxation/

With Budget just a month away, Tax hike news should keep ITC share price in check. Specially in light of Covid, govt would be forced to increase again this year!

Now this first edition of the International Cigarette Tax Scorecard says
Current tax burden on cigarettes in India is far below the standard of international best practice :frowning:

Or are investors not concerned with increased taxes on Ciggs and is this line of thought justified?

2 Likes

A defining characteristic of companies that stay ahead is that they think ahead.

Pre-launch Video:

5 Likes

ITC wanted to establish a scientifically advanced range under Savlon portfolio”: Bluemarlin’s Ashwini Pable

1 Like

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/services/hotels-/-restaurants/itc-hotels-launches-welcomhotel-in-shimla/articleshow/79994060.cms

2 Likes

Am not sure, how much it would have on inc. the age from 18 yrs to 21 yrs.

on the other hand, heavy penalty on illicit cigs is definitely a welcome move. The only point is how effectively it would be implemented.

3 Likes

How much of an impact will the increased penalies on illicit ciggerates have on their sale? I think that is the key monitorable. The age limit increase is likely to be a non-event I think, as frankly it is impossible to implement and no one has the will to implement such laws any - case in point is the sale of loose ciggerates.

It may seem counter intuitive, but I actually feel this bill may be net positive for ITCs ciggerate business

3 Likes

Penalty on illicit cigarettes is a huge plus in my opinion …if I’m right 25% of the cigarettes in the market are illicit…so it’s a huge boost

1 Like