IREDA: Renewable Energy Powerhouse

I don’t get it sorry, haven’t they freshly added this to the fund?

Check The total number of shares, combining all the fund…the difference from Nove-Jan is 6 crore shares.
Nove-12 crore
Dec- 7 crore
Jan- 6.6 crore

SBI PSU added 32 lakh shares in Jan

Thanks got it now. Do we need to wait for one quarter to get FII & Public holding data, or is there any other way?

Yes but that’s true for large cap funds also.
Fund managers don’t have any compulsion to buy overvalued stocks. In small caps there are always pockets of value so a smart fund manager will allocate money there, booking profits in the overheated counters.
Stock holding of these funds is available publicly and you can see changing weightage and mix of their portfolios.

The DIIs/FIIs holdings are updated every quarter (usually within the first month) and can be seen on screener or NSE/BSE websites.

You can also check on Zerodha Coin the portfolio mix of these funds. Just type the name of the funds and it will show the stocks with their respective weightage in the portfolio.

@Ascendant I’ve 30% allocation to IREDA. I can hold it for 2-3 years. What’s your view? Should I book profit or hold it? What will be target for 1-2 years?

I don’t know what percentage of your Equity PF is compared to your Net Assets. If it is high, then 30% allocation to IREDA is quit high (But reasonable given you invested 10% initially and it 3x). I would suggest to book profits and reduce allocation to 5%.

Well the stock has indeed corrected 30% from this post, and it looks slightly less overheated, but given the current jitteriness in the market pre-election and steep corrections in PSU stocks, I’d still wait and watch. Valuations are still on higher side but nowhere as crazy as they were 1 month ago and stock was enjoying huge euphoria among retail.

4 Likes

Hi Hemant,
What is ur valuation basis for IREDA? Just curious because I don’t find proper book value in Screener

From balance sheet you can find their book value.

IREDA Q4 update

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from IREDA: Renewable Energy Powerhouse:

IREDA is Navratna!!!

2 Likes

Not only the all time high net profit , the NPA is further down by 40.5% from 1.6% in 2022-23 to.0.99% in 2023-24

1 Like
2 Likes

@1957 IREDA might do an FPO (Follow-On Public Offer) or issue Perpetual Debt Instruments in FY25, but it’s not confirmed yet.

IREDA FPO in the works? Here is what the management said - CNBC TV18

Can anyone with FPO experience explain how FPOs or Debt Instruments help a company besides reducing debt? How do stock prices usually react to such news?

For IREDA, the recent price increase seems to be based on this news. If a company plans to reduce debt, I see that as positive. Shouldn’t investors add up now instead of waiting for the FPO?

2 Likes

Though I am not tracking these events for the stocks which I hold for the long term, to the best of my knowledge, it all depends if the FPO is diluted or non- diluted.
If it is diluted and promoters selling at a lower price than the market price, investors may react negatively…
However , if FPO is non diluted , then the investors would react positively…

if the quality of business is sound and future prospects are good, the investors may take a neutral view even in case of diluted FPO.

4 Likes
4 Likes

IREDA- Q1 2024-25 Business update.Loan book up 34% YOY

Green Energy financing @ Rs 30 Lakh crore by 2030-IREDA

Edit 1July , 2024 , 3.45 PM

IREDA - Stock Research analysis by ICICI securities- Latest update !

Edit 1July 2024 , 8.30 PM

2 Likes