IRB INVIT TRUST- new game in the town!

Another steady increase in monthly toll collection

Wanted to give a comparative view of yields across listed REITs and Invits, on the prices as of 9thJune 2023 (earlier I had shared it on 2nd June. There was a minor error in DPU of PG and I fixed it…won’t change anything drastically and it is a 2nd decimal correction), and this is based on the rolling 4 quarters DPUs …Obviously, yield will differ for your tax bracket and hence pick the right slab below…
REMEMBER that these are POST TAX, ON HAND Yields for the Invits/Reits, for the price shown. **Nexus yield is based on projections gleaned out from various interviews, during IPO.

IRB obviously has been topping this yield chart and it has been that way for a while. Steady performance in toll collection, keeps the hopes alive in price action. Discounting the fall in 2018-20, ever since the U turn, it has been a phenome of a one way ride but still below the initial listing price of 79 and IPO price band of 100-102

12 Likes

Q1 results came at 1.50 pm today

No surprises in DPU…Same 2 but the mix of 1.7 as interest will make it less attractive for folks with higher tax brackets. It was the same in Q4 last year but if this is the trend, the yield advantage will fizzle out, in comparison with Indigrid and PG

The Yield table is updated. Q1 DPUs are updated for all except Brookfield and Nexus, who are yet to declare. Remember that I compute this for running 4 qtrs

11 Likes

Hello @dd1474, I came across your thorough questions in the transcript of the call and was wondering if you could provide your thoughts on the FY24Q1 results. Additionally, I’m curious to know if you think the HAM project is not performing well. I value your insights and appreciate any feedback you can offer. Thank you.

1 Like

@saintsat
Thanks for your kind message. Q1FY24 for reasonably good. During Q1FY23, we had Surat Dahisar revenue for 45 days, which resulted in superior income. Now same being replaced by an HAM assets, but that contribute marignally in distrubtion. So other projects have performed better and hence InvIT could distribute Rs 2 per unit.

HAM assets cashflow are more like fixed income. Hence,like Fixed income assets, value of HAM assets would increase in case interest cash decline (resulting in lower discounting rate) and vice versa. So view on HAM assets shall be linked to expected movement in interest rate. Since, the management indicated improvement in guideance from HAM cashflow for FY25, I assume they anticipate decline in interest cost during FY25. The details for same are available on Q1Fy24 Con call trasncript form which I am enclosing extract.

FY2023 was probably the best year for IRB InvIT due to higher WPI. With WPI stabilsing, the toll revenue growth would be driven mainly by traffic for 5 assets. Considering 5 toll assets with economy linked revenue, and One HAM assets which has fixed revenue, I find overall portfolio of IRB InvIT improved with HAM addition, as it would provide stability in case of economy downturn.

Disclaimer: My view may be biased due to my holding and may be worng as well. I may exit from investment without informing the forum. I am not SEBI reigstered advisor. I am not recommending any investment related decision.

9 Likes

@dd1474 Excellent analysis! Thank you!

Rating update

Dec’23 toll revenue crosses 90 cr

1 Like

Its 90crs … or 900 Million INR

Corrected it…yes…thx for pointing

Declared 3rd Distribution of Rs. 2/- per Unit, for the financial year 2023-24. The distribution will be paid as Rs. 1.70/- per Unit as Interest, subject to applicable taxes, if any and Re. 0.30/- per unit as exempt dividend.
February 5, 2024 has been fixed as the Record Date for the purpose of Payment
of this Distribution and it will be paid / dispatched to the eligible Unitholders on or before February 13, 2024.

PS - I was hoping that a slight uptick on Distribution will happen, from the usual 2 and the mix will also be better but it is on the familiar lines