IDFC First Bank Limited

Sir, this has lost 65% since your days of optimism on the scrip. Now we are in 2020, What is your forecast for next 5 year? Still bullish or lost hope.

2 Likes

More good news for IDFC Bank-

Pursuant to Regulation 30 of the Listing Regulations, we wish to inform you that CRISILhas assigned

‘FAAA/Stable’rating to the Bank’s Fixed Deposit Program of INR 50,000 Crores.

Further, CRISILhavealsore-affirmedtheCredit Rating oftheBank’s existing Tier II Bonds (Under Basel III)

of INR 2,000 Croreat ‘CRISIL AA/Stable’& its Certificate of Depositsof INR 45,000 Croreat ‘CRISIL A1+’

respectively.

2 Likes

You should compare all figures QoQ.

1. For example, the CET1 ratio was 13.29% and it has gone down 29 bps to 13%.
  2. The growth in retail deposits inspite of YES BANK issue in q4 is commendable. Other pvt banks have lost deposits
  3. I agree that CASA is fueled by 7% interest rate. At some point this quarter, it will come down but will be higher than what Kotak would be offering. That is just stated strategy.

What I liked is retail deposit base is going up steadily and is now at 52.3% and goal is 75%.

Looks like they will accomplish this much faster than the stated timeline

disc: invested and biased.

11 Likes

Can provisions for Vodafone be written back to profits if the scenario changes in the next few months? or will it be adjusted against other NPAs that may crop up in the future?

I don’t think that IDFC bank would be in a hurry to write back the vodafone provisions. If the loan starts getting repaid then perhaps the write back may take place next year. The bank is moving steadily to improve NIM and strengthen its balance sheet. What matters is the competency, integrity and performance of the management team. If that is in place, adversities would automatically be taken care of.

What I was trying to deduce is, if they can use this provision for future NPAs instead of writing back, we might forget the fact that they had made a huge provision. So investors might feel happy that he was conservative with Vodafone and the future provisions are less (since provisions of Vodafone might be used to paint a Rosey picture). They might come to a conclusion that quality of underwriting is extraordinary and might pay a premium for quality of management and quality of underwriting when neither of them is great.

Ideally, this adjustment of provisions shouldn’t be allowed to avoid these issues. I wanted to clarify how this works.

The loan is already been paid, there is 0 days delay. Please see commentary from last quarters call.

1 Like

Yes. I also feel that Vodafone default is most unlikely. The present Covid crisis is also seen to be stabilising. If this trend continues, we should see normalcy in most of the country barring sealed hot spots by 15 May. Tourism and air travel will remain affected.

Does the bank do concalls? Cant seem to find it.

They don’t do concalls. Only release an investor presentation and then VV goes on all business news channels to talk about the results.

3 Likes

https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/content/dam/IDFCFirstBank/PDF/IDFC-FIRST-Bank-Investor-Presentation-Q3FY20-FINAL.pdf

Here for Dec-19 Q3,GNPL = 2511Cr with GNPA at 2.83% gives assets at 88727.91Cr
but Total Funded Assets comes to 106,140Cr.

Can someone please tell me what i am missing?
Thanks in advance

Their total advances are around 89,000cr only, rest are other securities.

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying, Can you provide source for the Image you provided?

See regulatory filings on IDFCB website

I’m no banking stock expert,
have done some approximate NPA forecasts,

Is it too aggressive?
CAR is 13.28%
I think bank can manage this crisis.
Need to check repayment schedule for FY21 & 22 against liabilities.

Experts please correct me if anything seems wrong.

Disc : Invested at higher levels

Thanks @Puch , I found the document.
I had another question, What is the difference between Provisions for GNPL = 1,440Cr for Dec19 Q3 and Provisions in P&L Account 2305Cr for Dec19 Q3?

1 Like

Popular startup CRED partners with IDFC FIRST Bank to start lending through its platform.

Seems like a good partnership to expand retail lending to high credit score salaried individuals.

15 Likes

Source? Sorry could not find this.

@Rushil
“Cred’s latest lending product— CRED Stash—will offer a low-interest instant credit line, through a pilot with IDFC First Bank”

3 Likes
1 Like