IDFC First Bank Limited

I enquired about that as well, 25k minimum balance is only for metro cities. for Tier 2 and 3 the requirement is much lower. I think there is no minimum balance requirement for villages, although I could be wrong.

2 Likes

There is no minimum balance concept other than some account with customized facilities. They label it like this to increase CASA deposit. Ask them to show banking guidelines where it is written they will not be able to produce it. I am telling this from my personal experience with some other bank. I hope it is same with IDFC.

This is a very subjective thing, but i personally believe in the economic prosperity of the company and increased holding by 40% when the price fell, at 24 rupees on Friday (13 march).

3 Likes

Kotak allows you to open it using 811 App ā€¦I have done it couple of years back.
Tried at idfc first but there was some technical issues so some one promptly called up ,came and finished the process and it all happened on time as promised by rep.

2 Likes

IDFC provides 2 types of Savings account.

1. Savings account with Signature Debit card
    Need to maintain 25k balance but it has facilities like Bookmyshow offer, Free ATM transactions, Free lounge access

2. Savings account with Classic debit card
    Need to maintain 5k balance

5 Likes

What is the exposure of idfc first to aviation sector? seems first NPA to come from this sector in next 4 monthsā€¦

2 Likes

Time has come to reconsider the book value considering vodafone- idea as NPA and 100% provisioning. Chance of Vodafone idea survival seems very low now.
Whole financial system is going to get jerk if this happens.
Atmosphere is already diluted due to covid-19.
It seems this government is least active in avoiding upcoming financial crisis.

2 Likes

Airlines may resort to force majeure with respect to lease charges and other charges like parking etc. There can be salary haircuts also. It is a worldwide calamity affecting all. It is in the interest of everyone to keep the businesses alive. This is applicable to GOI, employees and SC also.

VV is selling some of his stock to clear ESOP loans.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

I donā€™t think you should worry unless there is a considerable change in your investment thesis for the stock. Iā€™m not a senior member in any stretch of imagination and probably have less to lose in this particular stock, however it would be prudent to wait for the quarterly results to be out. VV saying the banks would show profits is reassuring for now, but let us see how the overall growth pans out. I think thatā€™s better before arriving at any conclusions.

1 Like

i may not be worry about this quarter but worried about the next oneā€¦
if whole world is in lockdown then you can imagine the strain it will put on local businesses
so bank will be in trouble.

impact will be evident if too many people loses their jobs as retail loans are given mostly to the salaried people.

1 Like

Dear all ā€¦ one misstep after anotherā€¦ the saga continues under VV.

Question to experts please . I strongly felt that the existing equity base itself is too huge. Now few crores shares have come to the market againā€¦ thanks to this selling .

Will a new set of value buyers emerge at letā€™s say 13/15 RS ? Would like to hear comments on the attractiveness at these levels from a medium term risk reward perspective
Thanks

1 Like

yes @nitin_jagtap where i see people are talking about price and NPA nobody is talking and thinking about this effect of lockdown . everybody is concern in for there lala land.
this is kinda sad

Just want to share my thought on IDFC First bank.
I am invested in this and the thesis is the retail loan building experience that VV brings in to the table. Having said that what I am not comfortable is the fact that he also praises much about the bank he is building, nothing wrong about that, sometime it becomes a bit more stretched.
Do fellow investors also think on the same line and your thoughts on IDFC First.

3 Likes

Agreed. He seems too optimistic. I would have been happier if he was more cautious in the recent commentary.
But them again itā€™s only mavericks like him that can do what he has been doing. So itā€™s all a package I think.

Also want to ask boarders here why they invested directly in IDFC bank and not IDFC. Idfc would give you the exposure you want and have higher margin of safety isnā€™t it?
I mean thatā€™s what I reasoned before this crisis.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Given the recent covid situation, I took some time to write down my thoughts on IDFC first bank in the following investment thesis: IDFC First Bank Investment Thesis - Google Docs

Note that this is not investment advice, only sharing my thoughts on the company. Please feel free to read through it and comment regarding it in this thread. :slight_smile:

22 Likes

Hi
As per the interview in cnbc aawaz vv subscribed to esop shares @ 15 rsā€¦5 yrs backā€¦how is this possible?
Idfc bank and capital first merged 2 yrs back then how he subscribed to esop shares 5 yrs back?
Any Experts views on this?

1 Like