IDFC First Bank Limited

T2 bonds of Yes Bank have not been written down and will be honored in full, IDFCB is planning to raise T2
bonds.

https://www.aninews.in/news/business/crisil-assigns-aastable-rating-to-idfc-first-banks-tier-ii-bonds20200218181528/

Hi, can you pls let us know the source of this information. Thanks!

Scheme only expressly mentions writedown of Tier 1 bonds, rest continue as they were.

1 Like

Also this part makes this clear- “All the deposits with and liabilities of the Reconstructed bank, except as provided in the scheme, and the rights, liabilities and obligations of its creditors, will continue in the same manner and with the same terms and conditions, completely unaffected by the Scheme.”

I might me looking naive asking this … Is the stressed book of Rs 3487 crores and the voda idea exposure of Rs 3244 cr is not included in the gross npa but are some exposure is directly written off through P&L ?
Is my understanding correct?

Yes. 50% provisioning done in last quarter result. It’s not NPA yet because it’s not default on any payment. IDFC first took precautious step on promotor talk and AGR issue. VV dont want Idfc first to post loss in every quarter so made all provisions in one quarter.

1 Like

IDFC First signs Amitabh Bachchan as brand ambassador…Thoughts?

5 Likes

2.72 crores shares have been pledged by V Vaidyanathan. That’s almost 40% of his total holdings. Any idea / insight on this? Just being extra cautious after Yes Bank saga

2 Likes

I feel since he has excercised ESOP at 15. he will be required to pay tax on perquisite. I think for esop and tax purposes he has pledged his shares

For a bank of IDFCs size … is the equity base too big ? Just curious how minority shareholders are gonna get benefited n the immediate future- with such massive ESOPs as well … Any thoughts n this . Thanks

2 Likes

I feel the same too. Also, ESOPs are diluting. While the number of shares increase, EPS goes down as well. I dont think this can become next HDFC Bank unless they stop diluting too much.

Disc - Sold around 75% holding and keeping 25%

5 Likes

Equity base is not an issue in long term. As u go to western world , there are banks, insurance companies with huge equity. As the participation in the market increases and if the stock is good, equity will be absorbed. I am also considering the fact that since, ESOP is given to Vaidhyanathan, the lockin period would normally be longer

1 Like

If the bank is able to achieve decent NIM, RoA within next three years and is able to keep down NPAs, it would have done the job. In the case of banks, I guess high equity does not matter as much as a normal company ??

1 Like

The higher the tier 1 equity, the stronger the bank

Can you please share more info on what is the news with Vodafone Survival update ? Has government taken any measures ?

https://m.timesofindia.com/business/india-business/let-telcos-pay-agr-dues-over-20-years-dot/amp_articleshow/74621123.cms?__twitter_impression=true

What is source for this info about provisions being increased to 75%?

Seems even IDFC First is investing in Yes Bank. Somehow feel this is positive as IDFC First is amongst HDFC, Bandhan, ICICI, Kotak.

1 Like

I have opened the account recently. They have a machine we have to give finger print for aadhar verification.
25k is the minimum Balance. So not sure who will open the account and maintain 25k.
As I am share holder I opened it not with any interest

2 Likes