How to register with SEBI as a Research Analyst?

Hi… If I want to sell technical picks in a whatsapp or telegram group and also sell my fundamental research to people through my website, do K need to be RA or IA?

You will need to register as an RA.

In simple language, personalized advice can only be given by RIA.
Analysis and views on a company/stock can be given by RA. Note: this view should/will be same for all customers.

Thanks ! I will check with SEBI.

Hi, Thanks for this thread. I can see that Ignou has started one year diploma instead of 2 years MBA. Is that valid?
Also Are PG courses from ICFAI(Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India) valid for applying into SEBI?

1 Like

Here is what SEBI regulations say:
**A professional qualification or post-graduate degree or post graduate diploma in
finance, accountancy, business management, commerce, economics, capital
market, financial services or markets provided by:
(a) a university which is recognized by University Grants Commission or by
any other commission/council/board/body established under an Act of
Parliament in India for the purpose; or
(b) an institute/association affiliated with such university; or
(c) an institute/ association/university established by the central government
or state government; or
(d) autonomous institute falling under administrative control of Government of
India; or
(ii) professional qualification or post-graduate degree or post graduate diploma
which is accredited by All Indian Council for Technical Education, National
Assessment and Accreditation Council or National Board of Accreditation or any
other council/board/body set up under an Act of Parliament in India for the
purpose; **

Based on this, One year Diploma after Graduation is fine, in fact, I did a PG diploma from Ignou. Do ensure that the university if recognized by Government.

I am not aware of ICFA, but as long as it is an institute which fits the SEBI rule, it should be good.

1 Like

Hello Ashish, I am getting all mixed up with the “or” in the qualification segment. I am just about to finish my B.com and then thinking of joining PG Diploma from IGNOU as said. Would it suffice or i do need to have a PG Degree with it?

Please clarify. And it would be of great help if you could share the link to the PG Diploma course from IGNOU as i am getting confused with it too.

I think that the the PG Diploma I did has been discontinued by IGNOU (IGNOU - School of Management Studies (SOMS) - Programmes - Distance - Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Markets Practice (PGDFMP)). Do check.

Sebi in its regulations says:
“A professional qualification or post-graduate degree or post graduate diploma in
finance, accountancy, business management, commerce, economics, capital
market, financial services or markets”

So choose a course which fits this criteria.

Hello Pranit. Did you receive a reply from SEBI?

what is the process for corporates registration

Apologies for the late reply.

As far as I know the process remains the same, the eligibility criteria is a bit different.

1 Like

where can i find a complete list of criteria

Hii Aniket
Have you applied for registration as a firm?

Thanks for the post Ashis.
My qualifications are as follows
Bsc in mathematics
MSC in mathematics

Am I eligible?

And kindly specify the total charges during whole process.

In the SEBI regulations.

1 Like

Pl go thru the thread and the SEBI regulations. You will get your answer.

How many days it will take to get the registration number from sebi after completing the last payment. It’s more than 10 days now but didn’t get any registration number/certificate from sebi. Can you clear this doubt

I do not remember this, but it was not more than a couple of weeks, Your registration details should be arriving soon. Also, do not forget to get your SCORES id enabled.

Congratulations!

I got reply after 15 days of applying. Sebi asked for all the documents related to infra,net worth,etc. Later got a call from Sebi after 1month and called me to the regional office for a face-face interview. Post that it took more than 2 weeks to get the last payment mail.

2 Likes

Scores investors complaint ID right?
Also is there any need to send FORM A post last payment?

I got the payment link immediately after attending the interview, and the Certificate was delivered in 2 weeks.
You can email your payment acknowledgement to them to get the processing faster.