Hitesh portfolio

Hi Hitesh,

Just wanted to take this opportunity and thank you and the valuepickr team for the incredible work that you guys do in guiding newbies like us.

Though I have been in markets since 2007, only after being acquainted with Valuepickr I have become a real investor.

Yesterday Kaveri became my first stock which has given 3X returns and a few which have doubled :slight_smile:

Now I have a portfolio in which I am convinced about the businesses, I know stock price will follow them.

Thanks again for taking time and answering all my queries.

Regards,

Niranjan

Great going.

Keep it up.

The valuepickr colloborative effort benefitting a larger investor community is great news.

I would also like to take this opportunity to express my regards for Hitesh bhai.

He has been a very co-operative force for newbies like me.There is not even a hint of arrogance in his replies & they are always educative.No wonder ‘hitesh portfolio’ is one of the most popular threads at VP. :slight_smile:

Thanks for all your patience & support.

Hi Hitesh Bhai

Could you please let us know your view on Adi finechem as long term investment ?

Thanks
Amitayu

Hi Hitesh,

how to interpret uppper circuits on VST tillers and todays upmove of 10% in canfin.

I am asking on general understanding of stock ? do midcap/small cap behave this way ? Consolidate for sometime and then move up… how do you read these ?

Thanks

Amitayu,

I dont know too much about adi finechem. We might be having a thread on it at VP.

Pankaj J … This kind of moves I consider to be just noise. Business for the companies doesnt change too much in a few days. I think canfin looked attractive at 370-380 based on its fundamentals and its growth track record and possible future growth.

VST Tillers may have found an intermediate bottom around 1400-1450 levels. Next couple of quarters should be the key there.

1 Like

Hello Hitesh,

Wanted to know your view on Sharon Bio-Medicine. IndiaNivesh had recommended it at 54 levels and after recent results has revised FY16 target to 140. Per the report, investment theme is increased focus on formulations (vs APIs) leading to margin expansion etc. Also, company has recently completed capacity expansion with no further capex planned. Reduction in interest/debt going forward would be added bonus.

Reminded me a little of your initial Ajanta writeup :slight_smile:

disc: bought a little after recent result

HG

I dont have too much idea about sharon.

I remain bullish on shilpa and ajanta in the pharma space.

1 Like

Hitesh,

Let me begin by saying thank you for your tremendous effort and guidance on this thread. Many newbies like mestarted the investing journeys by cloning your convictions, and then buildingfrom there.

One such stock is Monsanto, which you held till about a year or so back. Currently, the business and revenue growth guidance looks robust.However, multiples have kept looking expensive to me since the past 7-8 months, as the stock price went from 600-700 odd to 3000 now. Thisstockthathas caused me a bit of pain, because each time Iconsider selling it, it goes upa bit more,poking holes in my confidence.

I dont know if you still track the story, but if you do, I would love to hear your views on the stock.

Cheers,

Nikhil

Nikhil,

Monsanto is on a roll and has undergone significant re rating. With the kind of momentum shown by the stock I think it makes sense to keep holding it and ride it.

Hitesh bhai, i am coming back to my old question.. Please give your suggestions...

Lloyd Electric ----

Post Q1FY15,As of 15 Aug 14, By ReddyM
CMP Trailing EPS Trailing PE Trailing BV Trailing PBV Q1 fy14 Sales cr Q1 fy15 Sales cr Growth In Sales % Q1 fy14 Profit cr Q1 fy15 Profit cr Growth In Profit % Trailing Yrly Profit cr Trailing_Yrly Sales cr Marke Cap cr Market Cap/Sales
Lloyd 140 28.87 4.85 189 0.74 449 640 42.54 16.02 28.88 80.27 102 2017 496 0.25
Voltas 221 9.5 23.26 58 3.81 1602 1752 9.36 41 109 165.85 314 5394 7315 1.36
IFBind 234 8.91 26.26 86 2.72 226 285 26.11 2 17 750.00 37 1061 967 0.91
Hitachi 399 13.56 29.42 104 3.84 469 596 27.08 14 43 207.14 37 1217 1085 0.89
Bluestar 310 9.36 33.12 62 5.00 766 842 9.92 23 31 34.78 85 2828 2789 0.99
Whirlpool 415 12 34.58 65 6.38 856 1020 19.16 50 83 66.00 156 2890 5271 1.82
Symphony 1125 30 37.50 79 14.24 111 151 36.04 26 33 26.92 106 532 3938 7.40
Ind Sum/Av 26.12 5.25 4479 5286 18.02 172.02 344.88 100.49 837 15939 21861 1.37

Hiteshbhai,

Lloyd By
PE = 26*29 =754(Trailing pe and BV are low because of lloyd figures)
BV = 4 * 189 =756(Did not take symphony pbv as its way out of ind figures, if it considered then we should use 5.25 instead of 4)
Mcap/Sales=(1.37/0.25)140 = 5.48140 =767
By yr end increase in EPS and Book Value will cause LLoyds fair value above 1000

Lloyd has already run 2-3 times in recent month… Can we still invest in it?? Need your feedback…

Hi Hitesh

Valuation stages of many companies were provided in this valuableThread

http://www.valuepickr.com/forum/valuepickr-scorecard-aug-2011/601179671

Similarly can you provide us the current valuation stages of MPS and Kitex Garments.

)- Pavan Morishetty

dushyant,

While comparing lloyd with blue star and voltas etc one has to look at how much part of revenues comes from the coils business and how much from branded AC. And try comparing the ROE/ROCE of the companies and div payout ratios of these companies. The latter two are important drivers of valuations for any company. Optically Lloyd looks cheap but usually markets take some time to observe companies for a few quarters before according them higher valuations. I personally dont have any view on Lloyd.

Pavan,

MPS seems to be in early stage of discovery (or re discovery in its new avatar). But it will take another couple of quarters before one can take a call whether its a strong growth stock or a sedate growth stock with high div payout. I like the ingredients present in the company (I alluded to them in some post I made in the MPS thread) at this stage of its evolution.

Kitex I still havent had too much view either way. I would like to watch for some more time and take a view. I think current run up discounts a lot of good news but markets usually love the new kid on the block for some time once a frenzy builds up for it so the momentum may still continue.

I love situations where there is a strong possibility for a big upside in response to positive surprises. (and limited downside…as was the case in MPS when it was around 340 odd levels before q1 results).

1 Like

Hi Hitesh,

Thanks for sharing your great wisdom and very prompt in response.

(1) MPS turns out to be a 1x up from 340 levels from Q1 results + your green signal. Market seems to be full up swing to take up the stocks (today 12% up). What would be an ideal P/E valuation considering FY15 earnings of MPS.

(2) In this run-up, not seeing much activity of dairy companies like kwality, hatsun. I was reading kwality AR, researchbytes documents, and related documents – Aspects and plans are looking. They’re eyeing to see a topline growth for next 2 to 3 years for 30CAGR and would be improving product mix to get better margins. Debt levels – Used for daily operations and new capex. Are you studying this theme and matket seems to be keep discounting these theme.

(3) QSR is also a theme which i was reading part of rossell india learning. Please share your views on this theme.

(4) OMC campanies – One of theme i’ve learnt from this thread and seems diesel is only having 8 paisa difference from subsidiary. Any possibilities for re-rate in OMC theme or news are already discounted.

(5) Compound wealth creators pack – Closely tracking page (6200 to 7200 looks a good level as per your note), astral, eicher motors, cera, any other?. Based on the current valuations, please suggest the potential, and allocation we can give in diversified pf considering long term.

(6) My PF is mostly built based on the learning from this thread (first 3 idea). It consists can fin homes, MPS, shilpa, relaxo, and rossell india. Please share your quick views.

-Muthu

Hi Hitesh bhai,

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you and the valuepickr team - Donald, Ayush, etc for the constant support and guidance

After joining this forum I became an investor from a speculator.

Stocks which I took clue from you and team are very good performers in PF. I am enjoying the process. Thank you again for the support.

Regards

Sridhar

hello sir,

can u provide ur views on venus remedies & capital first…

Venus has recently tied up with mylan n also the management looks confident & it trades at a pe of 7.

@jugal,

I dont track either of stocks you mentioned. But there is a thread on capital first at VP which you can refer to if you are keen on the company.

hitesh sir, kindly share your latest portfolio with investment % and time frame to maintain same portfolio. One thing please share when you leave any stock.(like when qtrly result is not good or any thing else).pls reply. thanks

Hi Hitesh Bhai,

Today’s fall and further fall from here would be opportunities to add quality stocks to our portfolio.It would be really good to know about the approach that you are having right now. Are you vonverting positions to cash? Ajanta and Repco seem to be good buys even at cmp. I have really benefitted from your writings before with your simple and extremely effective approach.

Regards,Rajarshi